Pages

Search This Blog

Monday 2 October 2017

TAKING STOCK: AUTUMN LEAVES


Autumn is by far my favourite time of the year. The leaves delicately falling from the trees, creating colourful masterpieces on the pavement; the brisk yet soothing wind as a reminder that summer has passed until next year; the perfect excuse to wrap up in a blanket and drink hot chocolate all day long. What's not to love?

Jack and I had a lovely lazy Sunday yesterday, taking a tranquil walk around our new local countryside. Having visited many times over the last three years, I'm content that I know enough to get myself from A to B. With limited knowledge, however, adventure is still around every corner. Strolling alongside the River Lee, breathing in the crisp October air, I am relieved to have such beautiful scenery right on my doorstep.

With London only a train journey away, the City Girl in me is relieved too. Last Wednesday saw a touristy day for Jack and I, visiting places that I haven't been to in years. Starting in Covent Garden, we took a wander through Leicester Square and Piccadilly, past Buckingham Palace and St James' Park, and ended up on Oxford Street. Having always wanted to experience the absolute magic of Lush's flagship store, we entered only to return three new bath bombs heavier. We then jumped on a tube and begun our journey home.

The first ten days of living down South have been full of love, laughter, and adventure, and I am very grateful for everybody that's made me feel at home. I am certain that, soon enough, both myself and Jack will be blessed with jobs that we love and our happiness will continue to grow and flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment