Take Me To NYC

Thursday, 26 May 2016

Images
In the midst of my final ever exam season, it's hard to believe that in just over two weeks Jack and I will be in the glorious New York City. As a joint 21st birthday present from both of our parents, this trip has been in the making for a long long time. I turned 21 back in October last year and Jack turned 21 in February. Knowing that we would be far too stressed out to visit during our final year of university, we opted to go as soon as everything was out of the way. Two more weeks until we get to explore the city that never sleeps...

We've bought a pass each that allows us into five attractions of our choice. In the final week leading up to our trip, we'll sit down and plan an itinerary for each and every day that we're there, but we have a few places already circling around our minds. The Empire State Building is an obvious choice, as is the Statue of Liberty. Another must-do for me is to go to the top of the Rockefeller Centre to have a view of the NYC skyline that includes the Empire State. We definitely want to visit the 9/11 Memorial Museum whilst we're there, as well. We haven't decided upon our final attraction yet, but I'm sure that it'll be just as spectacular as the rest.

The food is definitely one of the things that I am looking forward to the most! Can anybody recommend any restaurants that we just shouldn't miss? I am extremely excited to go our for a few nice breakfasts here and there, and to explore both Little Italy and China Town. Central Park is something that I definitely don't want to miss—I visited New York back in 2008 and we only really had time to pass through it. On our last day, however, I think it would be lovely for Jack and I to take a gentle stroll (or maybe even a run!) around the beauty that is Central Park. The highlight of the trip will definitely be the ability to just stop, look up, and know that we're in one of the greatest cities in the world. That would be enough to take anybody's breath away.

If you have any advice about where to go, what to do, and where to eat, please leave Jack and I some advice down in the comments below! What's your favourite thing about New York City? Tell me your stories!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment