Snap Happy For Spring*

Tuesday, 3 May 2016


A month or two ago, I was contacted by a lovely lady at Ocean Loans and asked if I would like them to send me a polaroid camera to get snap happy with as spring began to blossom. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity, but have been struggling to find the inspiration to actually take some photographs because Manchester has been raining non-stop for about two months now. There was a week (*cough* three days) of glorious sun, in which I did attempt to take some shots... only to find that I hadn't read the instruction manual in enough detail and found my polaroids overexposed. Silly me! Learning how to use the camera properly and with the sun peeking out from behind the clouds, I took a walk around my flat and snapped away.

Firstly, I had noticed a few people from the building next to mine assembling a bird feeder a few days ago and I thought that it was just such a wonderful idea! I would never have thought to do it myself in a non-private home but why the hell not??? Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a beautiful pink tree and just knew that it had to be part of my polaroid collection. Standing underneath the tree and taking a snap of all of its beautiful flowers actually made it feel like spring for one of the first times this year. As for the big green tree, I remember posting a picture of it on Instagram in December, completely bare. It was such an amazing sight, to know that it had started its life over and grown new leaves to shelter it from this bitterly cold weather. On my walk back to the flat, I passed another tree gushing with beautiful flowers and snap snap snapped away. Back in my flat, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to showcase the incredible tulips that my mum kindly gifted to me last month. No, they're not magic never-dying flowers; they're fake! But don't they look oh so real? They're a real treat to have in my home as I'm not quite able to afford to buy the real thing every week.

It was such a lovely little adventure to take around my flat, knowing that I'll only be living here for another month or two before I move onto my next Manchester home. Thank you little flat for keeping me not-so warm for the last nine months, and thank you to Ocean Loans for gifting me such an amazing camera. I need to purchase some more film and then summer snaps are my mission! Do you own a polaroid camera?

* Disclaimer: this post contains a PR sample but, like always, all opinions are my own

⋅No comments

Post a Comment