My Heart Longs For Italy

Thursday, 12 May 2016

Images
Over the years, I've had the wonderful privilege of visiting a variety of incredible countries. I've been lucky enough to often holiday in Spain, I've visited Portugal, Turkey, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, and Tunisia, as well as visiting New York and Florida in the USA. The one place that I have always longed to go and not yet had the chance, however, is the beautiful Italy. Venice, Verona, Rome, Florence, Milan... my idea of heaven!

I can't quite place my finger on why my heart so desperately longs for Italy, but it really and truly does. The food is an obvious highlight and the language would be music to my ears. I've always adored Italian culture (or what I've seen of it through the medium of TV and movies), and the history of the country is simply overwhelming. To stand underneath Romeo and Juliet's balcony in Verona would satisfy the writer in me and to glance at all of the incredible artwork that Florence has to offer would be an experience like no other. Just to walk around the streets of Italy would get my heart racing, surrounded by such breathtaking architecture. 

Oh Italy, when will we meet? Where is the one place in the world that you would love to visit? I want to know!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment