Sunday Thoughts

Sunday, 10 April 2016

Images
Good morning! Welcome to another Sunday on kassiella. My week is not ending on the best note as I lay in bed feeling sorry for myself, suffering from the common cold, but I've had a lovely week back in Manchester nonetheless. I woke up with a sore throat and a blocked nose on Friday, had a constantly runny nose and runny eye yesterday, and am finally starting to feel a little bit better today. Lemsip, you are my saviour.

Jack and I were reunited on Monday as I met him from the train station. After helping him unpack and heading to Sainsburys for a much needed food shop, we spent the afternoon doing absolutely nothing... and it was amazing. Neither of us could remember the last day that we spent in one of our flats without doing any work. We caught up on a few TV shows that we watch together, chatted about our two weeks at home, and generally had a lovely afternoon in each other's company. Tuesday came and the work started again, but I didn't have a whole lot to do. I worked myself so hard over Easter that I've had a week of doing bits of work here and there, but I've not had anything substantial to do at all. I can tell you, it's been a lovely relaxed break and, despite it ending with a feeble illness, it was exactly what I needed. Myself and the other fashion editors met to design the penultimate Mancunion paper of the academic year this week, with this coming Wednesday being our final design day. It's been a lovely year working on such a brilliant paper, meeting some lovely people, and I can't wait to see what our last issue will look like. Thursday was another relaxing day for Jack and I as we headed to the cinema to see Batman v. Superman. Neither of us were too sure what to expect from the film, but it definitely exceeded any expectations that we did have. If you're unsure whether to go and see the film or not, it's definitely worth a watch! We then headed to Dough, an amazing pizza place in the Northern Quarter, and spent our evening laughing about the TV shows from our childhood. I really do love my boyfriend. We've also managed to watch all of the Hunger Game movies over the past five days!

My plan for today consists of reading through my dissertation, having a massive clear out in preparation for moving flats in the next two months, an ASDA food delivery this afternoon, and maybe a spot of baking. How are you spending your Sunday? Tell me all of the stories from your week in the comments below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment