Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 3 March 2016

TAKING STOCK: THOUGHTS I HAVE WHEN RUNNING

Photo by Ben O'Sullivan on Unsplash
As a runner, I love discovering and reading these kinds of posts. It's reassuring to know that other people have the exact same thoughts as me, and that I'm not alone in having a love/hate relationship with running (and exercise in general). Here are the thoughts that tend to cross my mind whenever I go for a run:

- What should I listen to today? Should I pop some McFly or Avril on, or should I go with You Me At Six?
- Is Florence and the Machine appropriate running music? What about Adele? But I love Adele...
- Okay, stop procrastinating by picking your playlist. ACTUALLY RUN!
- Eek, it's cold out here. Maybe I should join a gym and run on an elliptical instead
- IT'S BEEN FIVE SECONDS AND MY LEGS ARE ACHING ALREADY
- Oh no, there's someone walking towards me. Please don't think I run weirdly
- I am going to have the most incredible body by the time the summer rolls around
- Why is this man riding his bike on the pavement???
- It's been two or three minutes and this is starting to feel good!
- I wonder how loud I'm breathing... I bet I sound like Darth Vader
- It would be nice if drivers knew how to indicate, you've just knocked 20 seconds off my running time
- Why won't this earphone stay in my ear? I just want to listen to my beloved Adele
- Oops, totally underestimated how deep that puddle was. I love running with a soggy foot
- Five minutes have passed! And I can still breathe! I am amazing!
- Why is this person walking right in the middle of the path???
- I hope they can hear me running up behind them so that they move out of my way...
- Oh, no, just had to awkwardly dodge around them. Nice one
- I wonder if people are seeing me and thinking 'I should really do some exercise'
- Don't be silly Kassi, you look like Phoebe Buffay running down the street
- That car definitely just beeped at you #everydaysexism
- I've hit 2km and my legs feel like they're going to fall off
- Must. Keep. Going. Must. Not. Stop.
- I'M ALMOST HOME, I CAN ALMOST TASTE THE FREEDOM
- There's a gap in the traffic, I'm gonna power run across the road
- I'm outside my flat and have ran 2.8km, maybe I should run around my building until I hit 3km?
- Anybody looking out their window right now is going to think I'm a right weirdo
- I CAN FINALLY STOP RUNNING BUT MY LEGS DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP
- How did I just burn less than 200 calories? I've worked off three jaffa cakes...
- Thank god I don't have to do that again for another 48 hours

I didn't mean for that dialogue to be quite so long! Do you have any similar thoughts to me? Please tell me you also get annoyed when pedestrians don't move out of your way??? Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment