Let's Chat

Tuesday, 8 March 2016

Image
Life has been pretty hectic recently and, as I head into the final few months of my degree, that is only going to increase. I have an essay due in a week today that I've managed to make good progress on, I also have a presentation a week today that I need to prepare for, and my dissertation deadline is looming at the end of April. That's not even counting the other two essays whose deadlines reside the following two weeks after my dissertation, and my final exam that I'll be sitting in May/June... third year, why are you so cruel? 

For the past one and a half years, I've managed to upkeep the same schedule on this blog. Before my Sunday Thoughts posts came along, I always gave you a weekly update on either a Saturday or a Sunday. In the week, I alternate between posting on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday and a Tuesday/Thursday. Despite how busy my life has been, I've been extremely proud of myself for meeting the deadlines that I've set myself. However, over the last month or so, I've found it increasingly difficult to find the time to contribute quite so frequently to this blog. As someone who takes pride in their written voice, I would hate to sacrifice quality for quantity! After much deliberation, I've come to the decision to scrap my Monday/Wednesday/Friday rotation for the foreseeable future and only post three times a week: Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.

I'm sure this decision will affect me far more than it'll affect any of you. I've become so use to my little routine that it'll be a strange adjustment to make! I've felt so accomplished managing to juggle such a wide variety of tasks over the last 18 months, but it's time to set my pride aside and think logically. Except fantastic things throughout the Summer for this blog but, at least for now, my posts will be ever so slightly less frequent.

Fellow bloggers—how often do you post a week? Had I set myself too big of a challenge in the first place?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment