Monthly Favourites: January 2016

Tuesday, 2 February 2016


Ten points for anybody that noticed the lack of a December favourites post last month! Having spent all of my money on Christmas presents, I simply hadn't been in love with enough products to put a post together. The month of January, however, tells a completely different story. I have been loving so many amazing things; some Christmas presents, some forgotten 21st birthday presents, and some little treats from me to me. As for the month itself, anybody that has been following my Sunday Thoughts posts will know that I have been overwhelmed with revision for the first of my third year exams. Looking back at my calendar, I've probably only worn make up nine or ten times throughout the whole month, simply because I haven't left the house. I've been cooped up with endless pages of revision, and I am over the moon to have my exams behind me now. January has been a fantastic month for my health! I have ran every other day without fail, and have counted calories since January 1st. As a snack addict, counting calories makes me think twice before gorging myself on an entire bag of mini eggs. I've managed to limit my snacking and stay on target, and I feel so much better for it. Jack and I celebrated our one year anniversary in the middle of this month, which ended up being a joint celebration for my best friend's 21st birthday. Now that Feburary is upon us, I'm looking forward to maintaining my exercise routine, as well as celebrating Jack's 21st birthday. You can read all about my February goals here! It's been a fabulous beginning to the year—here is everything I've been loving.

01: Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in 'So Marilyn'
This is a real love in my life right now. I dedicated an entire post to this beauty at the end of December that you can read here, and I haven't been able to take my eyes off of it ever since. It was a 21st birthday present from my best friend, and it is the most stunning lipstick that I have ever owned. I haven't worn it more than three times so far, having not really worn make up over the last four weeks, but I am absolutely besotted. 

02: Lush Twilight Shower Gel
"Because we are all made of stars"... if that's not an excuse to buy this shower gel, then I don't know what is. I was lucky enough to be gifted this within one of Lush's gift boxes for my birthday. My bathroom is so full to the brim with countless bath goodies that I only got round to opening it in the last few weeks, and I instantly popped this in my shower. It gives off the most beautiful Lavender smell, and is ultra soothing after a run.

03: L'Oreal Paris Infallible Powder Compact
Treating myself to the L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation at the beginning of the month (blog post here), I decided to try out a new powder as well. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good 3 for 2 offer. This powder has been my absolute best friend over the last month, allowing me to go almost make up free on days where I still want a little bit of coverage. It's thick enough itself to hide any imperfections without appearing cakey on the skin, and I have actually been 100% converted from Rimmel Stay Matte. Who would have guessed??

04: Origins Out Of Trouble Mask
I reviewed this little gem along with three other Origins face masks in the middle of January, so definitely go and have a nosey here! This mask was my favourite out of the four. Whenever I've need a little pick me up over the last month, I've reached straight for this face mask. It tightens the skin when applied, and makes me feel wonderfully refreshed once it's removed. It's done wonders for any blemishes that have popped up too!

05: MAC Lipstick in 'New York Apple'
This is one of my most recent MAC purchases, which I technically only contributed 50p towards. Being kindly gifted a £30 House of Fraser voucher for my birthday, I treated myself to two newbies, only having to pay an extra £1 for the pair. I spoke about D For Danger in my November favourites, and now the time has come to give New York Apple the spotlight. This lipstick is the most perfect Winter red. It's not matte, and so it's not drying on the lips, and it omits a beautiful, subtle shine. It's been my go-to lip shade for the last two months!

On the none fashion and beauty front, Jack and I thrillingly watched Making a Murderer in the last month. If you've not got around to watching it yet, you need to open up Netflix right now—you'll easily get through all 10 episodes in the space of a few days. I'm a big fan of documentaries, and this is one TV show that I could not peel my eyes away from. Now that exams are over, I'm slowly starting to watch Gossip Girl again. At the beginning of December, I managed to watch the entire first season in less than a week. Since then, however, I've only progressed to the middle of season three. With Christmas and exams taking over my life, it's been hard to find the time! A snack that has come into my life this month that I have thoroughly enjoyed is Sunbites Crispy Crackers in 'Cream Cheese & Chive'. Trying to stay healthy but not being able to give up snacks for good, these have been the perfect, and delicious, alternative.

What have you guys been loving over the last few weeks? Have you tried anything that I've mentioned?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment