Coffee Table Book Wishin'

Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Vogue / You / Pretty Honest / Leave Your Mark / PT Vegetarian / Kate Spade / Tim Burton / Posh Toast
Please tell me that I'm not alone in dreaming of a home that is filled to the brim with aesthetically pleasing books? Obviously the content inside is important, but pretty front covers draw me in so easily. I must admit, I tend to judge books by their covers... Nevertheless, I'm wishing for these eight books (and many many more, this is a very narrowed down list!) not only for their beautiful exterior, but also for their inspiring interior.

Firstly, a book of Vogue Covers. As a fashion blogger, the Head Fashion Editor at The Mancunion, and a self-confessed fashion addict, this book is an absolute must have. Sailing back through Vogue history and knowing exactly who appeared on which front cover and why would be an amazing way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The other fashion book on my wish list is All In Good Taste. On a student budget, I have never been fortunate enough to own anything from Kate Spade, despite longing after so many of her beautiful handbags, purses, and notebooks. Any book written by the fashion God herself would be a fantastic read. On the beauty front, I have heard so many wonderful things about Pretty Honest. Beauty has grown into a deep love in my life over the last three years, and so this seems like the perfect choice.

On the food front, I have found two goodies from Urban Outfitters that would beautifully accompany my dream for a healthier diet/lifestyle. The first is The Part-Time Vegetarian, which discusses endless delicious meat-free meals. The twist is that she includes several ways in which meat could be introduced to the meal. I have always toyed with the idea of becoming a vegetarian, and so to trial out some meat-free recipes would be a good stepping stone. The second is Posh Toast. As an avocado advocate (best phrase ever), I am 100% up for more options to place on top of my toast. I've managed to eat breakfast for every single day of January, which is a big feat for me, and so introducing some new choices would do me a world of wonder.

In the miscellaneous category of this wish list resides a self-help book, a career driven book, and a book all about Tim Burton. The self-help book is The Book Of You and, just like Pretty Honest, I've heard so many fantastic things about it. Any book that makes you reflect on your life and make changes for the better is highly appreciated in my life. The career driven book is Leave Your Mark, which I stumbled across for the first time last month. As a soon-to-be graduate, I need something motivating like this in my life, and the tagline sounds like it suits me down to a tee. 'Land your dream job. Kill it in your career. Rock social media'—every blogger's dream, I'm sure. Lastly is The World of Tim Burton. Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride are two of my all time favourite movies, and I would love to explore the creative mind behind the scenes.

There's room in my heart for eight inspiring books, but definitely not room in my home... Have you heard of any of these books before? Are there any coffee table books that you'd love to get your hands on?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment