Sunday Thoughts

Sunday, 3 January 2016

Images
Happy new year! It is finally 2016 and it could potentially be my biggest year yet. To list off a few of the exciting/terrifying/life changing things that are happening to me this year: I am graduating from the University of Manchester, I am headed to New York for a four day break with Jack, I am embarking on a career hunt, and I am standing beside my best friend as I watch her get married. Nothing too major, right?

The last week of 2015 was spent in utter bliss. I was reunited with Jack on Monday at his family home down South, and we had a lovely few days together. In between using his home gym and cracking on with some dreaded revision, he taught me to play chess, and we watched a lot of TV and movies cuddled up on his sofa. On New Year's Eve itself, we headed to the cinema for 8.30pm to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens in IMAX 3D! I hadn't seen any of the previous Star Wars films, and so I was going in partially blind, but I honestly thoroughly enjoyed it. Without much background knowledge, it was really easy to follow, and I spent two and a half hours on the edge of my seat. The film ended at around 11pm and so we headed back to his house to ring in the new year with his family. New Years Day was a successful day—I started the year as I mean to go on with a 5km run on Jack's elliptical trainer. In the last eight days (including this morning), five have seen some sort of exercise. As I mentioned in my 2016 goals post, getting fitter is going to be a huge part of my life this year. 2015 was the first year that I actually dedicated any real time to working out and going for regular runs, but it was definitely not my hardest work. It may be cliché to say it in January of all times, but I am super determined to make 2016 my fittest year yet. I've even started calorie counting again! One goal that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I would like to read more. I used to be an avid reader, and my book collection is definitely second to none. I just never dedicate any time to losing myself in a gripping story anymore, and that is definitely something that I would love to change once I've graduated.

How did you spend the last week of 2015, and how did you greet 2016? Leave me your stories below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment