Why I Love Being An Introvert

Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Images
When I first moved to Manchester, I had a really difficult time feeling like I belonged. I didn't understand why my friends would love things that I found no enjoyment in, and it started to make me feel completely alone. What I hadn't realised, however, is that there was nothing wrong with me. I am simply an introvert.

Two years ago, I despised the introverted part of my personality. I struggled with the way that it seemed to torment me, stopping me from doing all of the things that I felt I should be doing. After reading an article in Company magazine near the end of my first year of university (which I felt so passionate about that I actually wrote an entire blog post about it, which you can read here), it dawned on me that this was not the right approach. Instead, I should learn to embrace the introvert in me—and that is exactly what I did. Instead of pushing it away, thereby making myself more lonely, I held it close and accepted that it is part of what makes me me. Two years down the line, I love being an introvert, and here are all of the reasons why:

- It provides me with enough time to dedicate myself to this blog, which is the best hobby I have ever had
- Being an introvert helps me to be an incredibly organised person...
- ...which gives me an excuse to buy all of the pretty notebooks that I come across
- Pamper nights are an absolute treasure—there's nothing better than a bath, a face mask, and a candle
- Although I complain about them constantly, essays are my forté. I just love to write!
- It means staying in, wrapped up in a warm blanket, hot chocolate in hand, when it is bitterly cold outside
- I'm less afraid of growing up, as I feel pretty independent. Responsibilities only half scare me!
- I have more time to do things that make me truly happy
- I love that Jack and I can spend time together, but do our own thing, and it's completely normal
- It doesn't bother me to go into a coffee shop, or even a restaurant, and eat alone
- My friendships are built on strong foundations as I thoroughly listen to what the other person is saying
- I have less friends, but a small network of people that I would trust my life with
- I would much rather have a deep and intellectual conversation with someone than have small talk
- I know how to be alone, and I revel in it. Loneliness is not quite so frequent in my life anymore

What about you? Are you an extrovert or an introvert? What do you love about your personality?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment