Sunday Thoughts

Sunday, 29 November 2015

Images
As I tip tap away at my keyboard, I am snuggled up with my bedtime penguin pal under my duvet in Nottingham. Not having been home since my birthday last month, and now that all of my essays have been submitted, I decided to pay Mama and Papa Bear a weekend visit. I've had a lovely couple of days spent with my family, and I'm back off to Manchester this afternoon for the last three weeks of term.

My week began with my fashion and beauty meeting for the Mancunion. Our Christmas issue comes out next Monday, and I could not be more excited! I've taken it upon myself to hunt down some of 2015's best Christmas jumpers to write up an article, and I cannot wait to see the pieces that our contributors have created. After all of my essay and tutorial work was out of the way at the beginning of the week, I treated myself to an afternoon of Christmas shopping. It's the most beautiful time of the year to weave in and out of shops, as well as the Christmas market. I picked up my new M&S dressing gown, and it is the most heavenly item that I have ever bought. I was actually quite heartbroken to come home this weekend because it meant three days away from my new cuddly best friend! I also picked up a few presents for my Mama Bear, as well as getting ideas for the rest of my family and friends. I treated both Meg and myself to a bath bomb from Lush—a white star. It looks dreamy! I headed home on the train on Friday morning and arrived in Nottingham for lunchtime. My Mum and I quickly went to grab some sandwiches from Boots before going to watch the new Hunger Games movie! I thought it was absolutely fab, but the last book is the only one out of the trilogy that I haven't read, and so I don't have anything to compare it to. If there's a film other than Silver Linings Playbook that shows just how incredible of an actress Jennifer Lawrence is, it's Mockingjay part 2. My Mum, Dad, and I went for breakfast on Saturday morning, and then my Mum and I went on a Christmas card hunt. I swear there are no good cards out this year??? I've looked everywhere! We had a relaxing Saturday afternoon, and were joined by my brother and his girlfriend for dinner in the evening.

What a lovely relaxing week to say bon voyage to my essay deadlines. My dissertation research will start again next week though, but I'll try to keep it nice and slow. Hey, it's Christmas! How has your week been?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment