Monthly Favourites: October 2015*

Monday, 2 November 2015


October has passed us by, taking my 21st birthday celebrations with it, replacing them with looming essay deadlines throughout November. How disheartening! Christmas is just around the corner though, so at least I still have something to look forward to. The month began with a visit from one of my oldest friends, Sophie. It's always lovely to explore Manchester with friends that don't know it as their home, discovering new adventures along the way. I will admit that I have seriously slacked on the exercise front during October, with a mere five runs making it into my calendar. I can't imagine my motivation getting any higher with colder days and darker nights towards the end of the year, but all I can do is try! My proudest achievement for this month is the Breast Cancer Awareness Month issue that the fashion and beauty team at the Mancunion put together. We managed to turn the entire double page spread pink, filling it with breast related stories and articles. Go and find all of the articles here! I am also incredibly proud of a specific piece that I wrote about mental health being glamorised by the fashion industry, which you can read here. The big event in October was my 21st birthday, which I spent (in style) at the zoo. I had the most wonderful day with my favourite person in the world, and was spoilt rotten by treats and gifts. I dedicated an entire week of my blog to birthday themed posts—a summary of my birthday week (here), my day trip to Chester Zoo (here), and 21 things learnt before turning 21 (here). Jack and I headed back to mine for the weekend, where we spent a lovely few days with my wonderful family. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my special day, nor better people to spend it with. Here is all I've been loving throughout the past four weeks!

01: ZARA 'City Essentials' Striped Tee
I cannot find this t-shirt on the Zara website, annoyingly—their website is a nightmare to navigate. I picked up this adorable t-shirt in my local Zara, and it was actually the t-shirt that I spent my birthday in. It's no secret that I love a good striped tee, and the little starbucks-esque reference put a smile on my face. It's such a typical 21-year-old blogger t-shirt, but that's what makes me love it so much. Don't you agree???

02: The Cutest Personalised Necklace in the Whole World
Although my birthday was near the end of the month, I have been wearing this necklace to death since Jack gave it to me for my 21st. I absolutely adore how cute it is, whilst still sending the most loving message. Hands down, I have the most perfect boyfriend.

03: Sudocrem Skin Care Cream*
This product was sent to me near the middle of October, after a lovely lady emailed me asking me if I would like to try it. As it can be used for three separate things, I was very curious to try it. Firstly, it can be used as a moisturiser. Although I'm not a massive fan of how it feels on my hands, it feels lovely when buffed into dry patches of skin, and is the perfect handbag essential for the colder months. Secondly, it can be used as a spot cream. Usually, I'm not prone to spots, but I have had a small breakout just recently. Reaching for the the sudocream cream, it has worked wonders and making those pesky things go away! Lastly, it can be used as a face mask. I am yet to try it out for this purpose, but if it does as fab as a job as it does as a spot repellent, I can see it working miracles!

04: LUSH Cup O' Coffee Exfoliating Mask
Another skincare favourite—who would have guessed! Having no skincare routine is one of my dirty secrets... but it looks as though things are on the up! I have been loving this face mask for the last few weeks, really making my skin feel incredible. I originally tried the product out as a sample, but I have since gone back and purchased an entire tub. The smell is absolutely to die for, giving off a strong coffee scent. I used it in my recent pamper routine post, which you can find here!

05: ZARA Zig Zag Scarf
My second Zara favourite of the month, as well as my second 21st birthday present favourite of the month—again, from my amazing boyfriend. Seeing my Zara wish list (here) before it was published, he sneakily picked an item and ordered it for me as a surprise! Zara always do amazing scarves, and this one is no exception. It is the thickest, warmest blanket scarf in the entire world, and I love the way that it looks with a leather jacket and blue denim.


Image
06: Impractical Jokers
This was a TV show that Jack already watched whenever it was on TV, and I caught a few episodes of it over the Summer. With nothing to watch over the last month, we've dedicated a lot of time to watching most of the Impractical Jokers episodes. It is one of the funniest TV shows that I've watched recently, and it's so so easy to watch. I doubt that I would have the guts to do all that they do, though...

07: The Apprentice
I have been counting down for The Apprentice to come back for the past two months! It's one of those TV shows that I love and hate—love to watch, but absolutely hate the people on it. I'm sure everybody that watches it thinks that they're better businessmen than the contestants, purely because of all of the stupid and eccentric mistakes that they make. Who else is watching it this series???

What have been your October favourites? Leave me a comment below with all that you've been loving!

*this post includes a product sent to me for PR purposes, but all opinions are my own

⋅No comments

Post a Comment