Sunday Thoughts

Sunday, 4 October 2015

Images
My third year at university officially began this week, and it's been crazy busy already. On top of weekly seminar work, I found out that I have three essays due in November, and I have been told the terrifying date of when my dissertation is due... eight months to write 7,500 words doesn't quite seem long enough. Adding working at The Mancunion on top of that, I'm barely going to have a moment to breathe in the next few months, and so I'm rejoicing in all of the freedom that I can grab hold of!

My week began with my first lecture of the year on Monday, followed by splashing out £50 on books. Oh how fun education is! Jack and I went for another swim, and made a pact to go twice a week from now on. Tuesday saw my scary dissertation meeting, and got me properly thinking about what I'd love to write about. The first and foremost topic that comes to mind is religion, and so I'm definitely going to research into what questions I could cover. In between general university work, Mancunion work, November essays, and Christmas exams, I have no idea when I'm going to find the time to dedicate to it. Like I said - not a moment to breathe! Myself and the other fashion editors edited Issue 3 of The Mancunion on Wednesday afternoon, and I could not be prouder of what we produced. We've based the entire issue around Breast Cancer Awareness month, being the first issue to be released in October. You'll be able to find all of the articles online here in the coming days, and the physical newspaper will be available on campus from tomorrow morning! I treated myself to a pamper evening on Thursday night, finally getting a moment to myself. Watch this space, as there will be a blog post later this week reliving the wonderful evening. As for the weekend, one of my oldest friends, Sophie, has come to visit me in Manchester. We've spent two days so far eating fabulous food and shopping to our hearts content, and I feel like we're going to have a bit of a Potter-thon today. I'm revelling in the freedom that I can still take hold of whilst I'm not consumed with endless work.

Enough about me - tell me all of your stories from the last week! How have you guys been?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment