Monthly Favourites: September 2015

Tuesday, 29 September 2015


September has been a month spent back in Manchester, and a hectic one at that. Expecting to arrive back in Manchester with nothing to do, the last few weeks have actually been full to the brim with countless meetings and responsibilities! The first two issues of The Mancunion have gone live, and you can find all of the articles here! From the little experience that I have now had as a fashion editor, I can definitely see myself heading down that career path. Being back in Manchester, I have been able to spend plenty of quality time with Jack, which has been wonderful after such a long Summer. Mine and Meg's flat is just as wonderful as we were wishing it would be, and we're finally settling in. The responsibility that bills brings along, however, is more hassle than it seems to be worth. Sorting out our electricity, water, internet, council tax exemption, and more, has been draining, but we're finally in a position where we can relax. Although, now that lectures have started back up, I'm barely going to have a moment to breathe. Running a blog, editing a newspaper, and studying for the final year of my degree... it's going to be a busy year! Here are my favourites for the month.

01: Butter London Nail Lacquer in 'Trustafarian'
As my current colour crush is olive green, this nail polish was one that I could not walk away from. With a glittery feel running through it, I cannot stop staring at my nails when wearing it. I actually came across this beauty in TKMaxx, knowing that they occasionally sell cheaper, old season Essie polishes (I'm Essie obsessed - read this post if you don't believe me). Although I did come across some gorgeous Essie shades, 'Trustafarian' caught my eye, and I was sold. At £4.99, I could hardly say no... right???

02: Fossil Necklace
In my first week back in Manchester, I was invited to go and explore the Chesire Oaks outlet with two fellow Fossil friends. With both of them still working for the company, they ran wild with their discount allowance, and kindly sneaked it onto my purchase as well. Having worked for Fossil for eight months, I know just how incredible their products are - both in quality and lasting power. Although this necklace is quite similar to my favourite Fossil necklace (read all about it here), I just couldn't resist...

Another nail polish has wiggled its way into my September favourites, and it seems as though I'm really reaching for the autumn colours this year. If you have a nosey at my September favourites from 2014 (here), I was clearly not ready to let go of Summer yet. This year? I've greeted autumn with open arms! This nail polish is the most gorgeous shiny nude, bordering on that 'rose gold' vibe.

Watch this space, as this lipstick will be making another appearance on my blog in the next week! Picking it up from Boots on a complete whim, I have fallen head over heels for this pillarbox red. I can definitely see myself styling 'Siren in Scarlet' constantly in the coming months, opting for a bright red over a berry. Paired with a classic Kassi stripe, simplicity could not come easier.


05: Working for The Mancunion
Without a shadow of a doubt, beginning my role as Head Fashion Editor for The Mancunion has been the highlight of my month. Although it has proved to be quite time-consuming, the final product is definitely worth all of the hard work. So far, we have released Issues 1 and 2, with all of the articles on the official website. Learning to use InDesign has been total agony, but I can only be thankful that my journalist skill set is widening! Be a doll and go and give our articles a read (here), and make sure to check back for future issues!

06: First Dates
After catching a glimpse of an episode on Gogglebox two or three weeks ago, Jack and I have binge watched all 3 series... oops. It's such an addictive show, and it really brings out the bitchy side in both of us (which probably isn't a good thing)! It's so wonderful when two people are matched up perfectly, and they have a thoroughly enjoyable date, but it's equally as fun to watch two complete mismatches experience a dating disaster. All I can say is that I am over the moon that I am well and truly taken!

What stories do you have to tell of September? What have you been loving this month?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment