Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn

Thursday, 17 September 2015

Images
Autumn is finally creeping up on us, and I could not be more excited. After such a disappointing Summer weather-wise, I cannot wait to cosy up under a blanket with Jack, hot chocolate in hand. The last few months of the year are always my favourite - the beautiful colour of the changing leaves, the excuse to stock up on a thousand and one woolly jumpers, and the slow build-up to Christmas. Autumn, you da bomb.

Despite the inconsistent weather, it has been a wonderful Summer. My last exam was on June 1st, and my first lecture back at university is on September 28th (meaning that I technically have another week left of my Summer... let's call this an early goodbye). As I have basically had four months of freedom, I can say with absolute certainty that I am going to miss being a student at the end of this year. The main events of this Summer have included an incredible holiday with my favourite person at the beginning of June (which you can read all about here), visiting Jack at his family home several times and exploring his hometown, spending valuable time with my best friend and her cute new puppy, and moving back to Manchester to my brand new flat. To catch up on everything in-between, take a look at my 'Sunday Thoughts' posts here!

After such a fab Summer (and beginning to the year), I am looking forward to spending the rest of 2015 back in Manchester with some of my favourite people. Meg will be joining me in our flat tomorrow, and I cannot wait! Living with a best friend should be an amazing way to spend my final year of university, and I am so excited to see where this next 9 months take us! As you may or may not already know, I have been given the incredible position of Head Fashion Editor for The Mancunion, and so writing and editing articles will be filling up a lot of my time in the very near future. It is my 21st birthday before the year is out, which I plan to spend with Jack and my family. Of course I am not looking forward to the work-load, nor the exams come January, but the rest of 2015 should be just as wonderful as the rest of the year. Bring it on, Autumn!

What do you love about this time of year? How did you spend your Summer? Leave me a comment below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment