Sunday Thoughts

Sunday, 2 August 2015

Images
August has arrived, but the Summer seems to have missed the memo. The pictures above scream sunshine, but the picture out of my window is just screaming violent rain. The only advantage is that running in the rain is a lot more comfortable than running in direct sunshine (please tell me others dart for the shadows when running throughout the Summer???). I've finally forced myself into a proper running routine again this week, and I'm trying to build up my strength to run for longer. Boy do my legs ache now though...

The week has mostly been spent lunching with my wonderful Mother. Monday saw a visit to a small retail park with Outfit, Next, and Boots. Mama Bear kindly stocked up my bathroom essentials (shampoo, deodrant and whathaveyou). After browsing through Outfit, we had lunch in the café upstairs, and nosily watched all of the shoppers below us. Our second 'ladies who lunch' experience this week was when we visited Nottingham city centre on Thursday, and we had a beautiful meal of poached eggs with bacon on toast at Patisserie Valerie. Thursday was a successful shopping trip for me, as I picked up two gorgeous striped tops from Zara. Yes, I bought two separate striped tops in the same purchase... but I promise you that they're very different!!! One is a v-neck baggy top, which looks amazing paired with my khaki green jeans, whilst the other is more of a fitted tee, where the stripes stop below the bust and a white shirt material finishes it off. Our third and final lunch was on Friday, when we visited the Bottle Kiln in Derbyshire. It's the cutest little homeware and stationary style shop, with a beautiful garden and café adjoined. I actually managed to resist buying anything, somehow, despite the tens of mugs that were calling out my name.

Other than lunching with MB, I have caught up with three friends throughout the week. The first was my best friend Lyndsey, and we took her cute little pup to Wollaton Park for a walk. He even swam in the lake, which was the sweetest thing. Of course he would jump on me when soaking wet though... he just loves me too much to resist, clearly. I had a lovely catch up with one of my oldest friends, Amy, on Wednesday. I hadn't seen her since Easter, and after a month of trying to find a date that suited us both, we finally managed to reunite! Finally, Victoria and I went for an incredible meal at Browns Brasserie on Friday evening. The food was out of this world - I started with a crab and avocado 'stack', which was just glorious, and had a burger (topped with goats cheese, obvs) for my main. It was the most perfect evening of giggles and amazing food.

All in all, it was actually a darn good week! I am incredibly excited for tomorrow evening, as I am off down South to visit Jack again. I cannot wait to spend a full 24+ hours with my favourite person, thoroughly enjoying each others company. How has the last seven days treated you? Tell me all of your stories!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment