Can We Talk About: Collars and Sweaters

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

All Images
Yes, it is the beginning of August, and sweaters should be the last thing on my mind, but it's never too early to start building my Autumn wardrobe! Plus, as I am writing this, there is pouring rain beating against my window, which isn't exactly filling me with Summer joy. As much as I prefer the warmth of Summer to the bitter cold of Winter, I can't help but always feel like 'sweater weather is better weather', ya know?

A collar peeping out of a sweater is a look that I try to pull off every year, yet can never quite get right. Whether my collars are too soft or my sweaters have too wide of a neck, I am just always horribly unsuccessful. This year, however, things are going to change. I am determined to make the look work for me, and so have gathered a wonderful display of 'pinspiration' to share with all of your beautiful faces.

The denim shirt that I have invested in this year has acted as my Summer coat, but I can definitely see myself layering it underneath a thick wooly sweater in a few months time. I am actually lacking on the shirt front - I am still yet to find that perfect white shirt. Perhaps I should stop being so pedantic and just buy one that's 'good enough', but that's just not me. I would adore a white shirt with the collar in the bottom middle picture; a bit of lace to add that extra bit of detailing. I also love the idea of pairing a plain jumper with a patterned collar, my particular faves being the navy and white spotty shirt with a light grey sweater (top right corner), and the floral shirt with a baggy orange sweater (bottom left corner). Both look so stylish, and are so easy to do.

Fingers crossed that 2015 is the year that I finally achieve the look that I have been so desperately longing for. What are your thoughts on the collar and sweater combination? Leave me a comment below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment