A Lazy Morning Routine

Thursday, 6 August 2015


My day-to-day 'morning routine' is pretty much non-existent, as it generally depends on what my timetable for the day is. Me being me, I like to spend as much time in bed as possible, and so I never tend to get up at the exact same time. For example - if I had a lecture at 11am, I would get out of bed between 9am and 9.30am. I make sure that I give myself enough time to have a cup of tea and ready myself for the day, but also spend the maximum amount of time underneath my duvet. The perks of student life... 

Being home over the Summer has given me a little bit more of a morning routine - apart from work, I don't really have to be anywhere at a specific time. If I make plans with friends, I am more than likely going to meet them at midday or later, and so I have developed quite a lazy morning routine (#sorrynotsorry). As I am writing this, today is a day with only one plan - to meet one of my oldest friends, Ellie, for tea and cheesecake at 14.15. This has given me the whole morning to do as I please, and this is how I spent it:

I woke up when all of my alarms sounded between 8am and 9am, and replied to a few messages that I had been sent during my slumber. This will generally include a morning text from Jack, which I will sleepily respond to. Not needing to get up straight away, I drifted in and out of sleep again until around 9.45am. I then checked all of my favourite social media on my phone (this is actually the only part of my every morning that is the same), including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and even Timehop. I then jumped out of bed and straight into the shower. When in Manchester, you won't catch me without Aussie shampoo and conditioner in my shower, but at home I tend to use Alberto Balsam. I would actually reaaaally like to try something from the brand OGX, as their haircare is all over the blogosphere at the moment. Can anybody recommend a specific product from their range? The Coconut Milk one smells like an absolute dream.

Bathroom activities aside, I headed downstairs to make myself a cup of tea and some toast. I'm not a big fan of breakfast, but I've been slowly weening myself into the habit over the last few months. Toast or a Nature Valley bar is the most that I can handle right now. In no rush to dry/style my hair and do my make up, I sat down to do everything blog related that I love. Check on my statistics, catch up on a few of my favourite blogs on Bloglovin (cheeky plug, you can follow mine here), and write this blog post!

I hope that you have enjoyed this little insight into my every day life! Do you share any of the same routines as me? I am now off to paint my nails (which is usually an evening activity, but they are chipped galore right now), and get ready for my lunch date with Ellie. Ciao!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment