Sugar Plum Fairy

Thursday, 9 July 2015


Quite frequently, I find myself wondering through Boots without an agenda, staring at all of the beautiful make up that I am yet to buy. Whilst looking through the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks, my eyes were drawn to a Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick, in the shade 'Sugar Plum'. Having a little smile and giggle at the name, I swatched it on the back of my hand... and practically ran to the check out to pay for it. Usually, I'm not a big fan of bright pink lipsticks, opting more for red if I went a statement lip. The beautiful sheen running throughout Sugar Plum, however, has had me reaching for it constantly for the past two or three weeks. Whilst wearing the lipstick, and 100% unintentionally, I picked one of my favourite Essie nail polishes out of my collection, in the shade 'Splash of Grenadine'. It was only as I was painting my nails that I realised what a perfect match the nail polish and lipstick are, and I have been obsessed with this combination ever since.


The lipstick, 'Sugar Plum', itself is a gorgeous bright pink colour, practically identical to the shade of the nail polish. It has a blue under tone - nowhere near a carol shade, which is a Summer favourite for most. That being said, it's a beautiful dramatic lip, which really adds colour to your entire make up look. The lasting power is crazy amazing, bar when eating, and barely needs a touch up throughout the day. The nail polish, Splash of Grenadine, has been in my collection since I started to purchase Essie products. As all Essie nail polishes do, it has an incredible finish, and is fantastic at giving your nails a strong and healthy vibe. If you're a fan of the bright pinks, or even if you're not (this combo has definitely transformed me), definitely give both of these products a go. You'll feel like a sugar plum fairy... (buy the lipstick for the name, if anything!)

What are your thoughts on this combination? Do you own either of these products? Leave me a comment!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment