Recent Movie Watches

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

All Images
Despite our complete opposite taste in movies, Jack and I have actually found three amazing ones to watch over the past few months. Two were watched over in Spain, and the other was watched during exam time as a form of de-stressing. If you can recommend any movies with a similar feel to the three in this post, please leave me a comment below! We tend to spend longer looking for a movie than we do actually watching one...

Donnie Darko: this is the movie that we watched during exam season, and I have to admit... neither of us really understood it (and Jack had actually seen it before). Nevertheless, it's a very enjoyable film to watch, and I was constantly thinking the whole way through, trying to fit all of the pieces together. When we read up about it afterwards, it definitely made a lot more sense, and I feel like I could watch it again now completely understanding what was going on. A very clever film - perhaps too clever.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo: we found the DVD of this movie in the apartment we stayed in on our holiday, and decided to give it a go as neither of us had previously seen it. From the moment the film started, I was hooked, and knew that it was the kind of movie that I was going to thoroughly enjoy. Now that I've seen the film, I definitely need to read the books and watch the other two movies. I'm a big fan of whodunnit style movies, and so this one definitely met my expectations.

The Kite Runner: having already seen this film before once or twice, I knew that it was the type of film that Jack would also enjoy, and so I packed it in my suitcase when we went to Spain. This is another movie that I have seen that I'm in dire need to read the book of. The story focuses around the friendship and love between two Afghan boys, the war between Afghanistan and Russia, and the rise of the Taliban. Full of both history and heartbreak, The Kite Runner is such a moving tale.

Like I said, please leave any movie recommendations down below! Have you seen any of these three?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment