Pink Lip Discoveries

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Swatches L-R: Elizabeth Arden, Estée Lauder in 'Pink Parfait', Rimmel, Estée Lauder in 'Crystal Pink'
Don't you just love it when you're clearing out your bathroom cabinets, and you come across an old lipstick that you'd forgotten all about? That exact thing happened to me just recently, and I rediscovered the gorgeous Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lipstick in the shade 'Perfect Tulip'. I have a strong suspicion that it was actually passed onto me from my lovely Mother, and I tucked it into the drawer for a rainy day. It is just wonderful to have a Mum who loves lipstick every bit as I do - it means that not only can we share, but that she'll also pass on her unwanted ones to me. The two Estée Lauder lipsticks featured in this post (the Pure Colour Crystal Lipstick in the shade 'Crystal Pink', and the Pure Colour Long Lasting Lipstick in the shade 'Pink Parfait') are both just that; hand-me-downs. The one lipstick out of the four that I have actually purchased myself is the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 'Sugar Plum', which I raved about in my recent post here.

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lipstick in 'Perfect Tulip'
This lipstick was my inspiration to write this post. It is the most beautifully reddish-pink colour, and looks absolutely stunning when applied. It has a creamy texture, and brightens up a make up look without having to go for a proper bright red. I can definitely see myself wearing this a lot in the coming months.


Estée Lauder Pure Colour Long Lasting Lipstick in 'Pink Parfait'
This lipstick is shimmer galore. If you're looking for the complete opposite of a matte look, and are wanting a much jazzier vibe, this is your go-to lipstick. It's definitely perfect for the Summer, being a real pink pink (if you know what I mean). This looks stunning worn with a Summer dress, and some little black shoes.


Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in 'Sugar Plum'
The one lipstick that I purchased myself, and boy am I glad that I did. This has been my favourite lipstick of July so far, reaching for it to go with any and every Summer outfit. If you want to read more about my love for this lipstick, along with an accidentally matching nail polish, read my recent post here.


Estée Lauder Pure Colour Crystal Lipstick in 'Crystal Pink'
This lipstick is incredibly similar to the other Estée Lauder lipstick, minus the shimmer. It's more of a neutral pink as well, so it's perfect for an every day basis. To choose between the two lipsticks, I would simply ask myself 'do I want to look pretty and Summery, or do I want to look sleek and professional?', with the former applying to the first lipstick, and the latter applying to this one.

Have you made any lipstick discoveries lately? Have you tried any of these shades? Leave me a comment!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment