Monthly Favourites: July 2015

Friday, 31 July 2015


July is coming to an end, and all that I can see out of my window is pouring rain. Where is the Summer? Were the two weeks of heat that we had back in June the only sun that we've been granted this year? I want picnics and long walks - not blankets and hot chocolate! The last month has been a bit all over the place for me. It started off in Manchester, as I moved all of my belongings from one flat to another (obviously this had to be on the hottest day of the year... what a waste). Throughout July, I've travelled down South to visit Jack twice, and I should be heading back down there at some point next week. Whilst static in Nottingham, my life has consisted of working a few shifts a week at Fat Face, spending time with my family, and catching up with old friends. My best friend, Lyndsey, has just recently adopted a puppy, and so we've been spending plenty of time together taking him for walks (and having cuddles). Mostly, though, my time has been spent either watching Modern Family, or writing up blog posts for all of you to enjoy! I've received a lot of lovely feedback recently, which has put a huge smile on my face. Here are some favourites that July has brought me!

Let's begin with my July obsession - these gorgeous shoes. When they first arrived on my doorstep, they absolutely destroyed my feet. I (stupidly) wore them to visit Jack, and therefore had no alternative shoes for 36 hours. Thankfully, though, this broke them in wonderfully, and I have been wearing them non-stop ever since. They go with absolutely everything, and really jazz up what would usually be a boring outfit. If I could only own one pair of shoes, I would pick these beauties. They are never going to leave my sight!

If you've been following my blog intently over the last four weeks, you will have noticed this lipstick crop up a fair bit. I have featured it in two blog posts just recently, the first about how beautiful it looks with an Essie nail polish, and the second about four pretty pink lipsticks. There's not a lot more that I can say about it, and so to have a read about my love for this lipstick, click here and here!

This is the second micellar water that I have tried out (the first being Garnier's), and it is by far my favourite. Taking off my make up at the end of the day is always so much effort, but I actually enjoy the 2 or 3 minutes that I am allowed to use this product every day. It smells of cucumber, making it unbelievably refreshing to wipe all over your face. As well as removing all of my make up, it actually calms my senses down and prepares me for a good night sleep, all because of the scent. 100% recommend.

I had wanted to try this product for quite a long time, as it is highly spoken about throughout the blogosphere. The only thing that was putting me off was the limited colour range - nude or light. I'm quite olive skinned, and I find it difficult to find a concealer and/or foundation that matches my skin tone, and so I doubted that the 'nude' shade would be right for me. On a whim, I decided to give it a go, and the risk panned out fantastically for me! It does wonders to the circles underneath my eyes, and hides all blemishes perfectly.

I have always loved the scents that Marc Jacobs brings out, but have never invested in a fragrance. I'm not a big fan of perfumes - I'm too lazy to wear them, to put it simply. However, body lotion is something that I do use quite frequently on my legs throughout the Summer, and so I took the dive and purchased one in the scent 'Daisy Dream'. It is the most amazing scent, and it makes me legs feel beautifully smooth.


06: Pinterest (follow mine here)
Pinterest is a social platform that I have been loving throughout 2015, but with special mention these last four weeks. I find myself opening it as a tab on my laptop as automatically as I do Twitter and Facebook (cheeky plug, find mine here and here). It holds such beautiful inspiration, and it is my go-to place if I find myself in a blogging slump. I actually have a monthly Pinterest-orientated post - you can find them all by clicking here!

07: Modern Family
I've definitely mentioned Modern Family in a previous monthly favourites, but there is no rule against mentioning something more than once! Whilst my parents were on holiday, and with all my friends either busy or working, I basically spent a week sat in my house doing nothing. Modern Family was the only thing that kept me sane, as I managed to watch an entire season in five days (#sorrynotsorry).

And there is a round-up of my July! How has the last month treated you? What are your monthly favourites?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment