The Best of Netflix

Thursday, 28 May 2015


As a student, I spend a fair share of my time scouring through the depths of Netflix. It's definitely the best £5.99 that I spend every month! I tend to use it to binge watch whatever current TV show that I'm watching, but I do occasionally use it to watch movies too. It was brilliant at Christmas time, providing with all of my festive entertainment. As I'm sure that the majority of you will be fellow Netflix users, I thought that I would share my 'best of Netflix'. Enjoy!

TV Shows:
Orange Is The New Black: let's start with a Netflix original. After hearing so much hype surrounding the unveiling of Season 2 last June, I jumped on the bandwagon to see what all the fuss was about. It was definitely one of my better decisions, as I've watched both seasons from start to finish twice (once alone, once introducing it to Jack). I cannot wait until the third season is released in a couple of weeks - I just need to remember to pace myself!

Gossip Girl: this was the highlight of my 2014 Summer. Originally searching for Gilmore Girls on Netflix, and stumbling across Gossip Girl instead, I decided to give it a go. I would now say that it is in my top five favourite TV shows of all time, and it has made me want to live in New York more than ever before. Blair Waldorf is, of course, my fashion, sass, and life inspiration.

That 70s Show: Jack and I have been binge watching That 70s Show since January, and we have only just reached its bittersweet ending, 8 seasons on. If you're looking for a really easy to watch show that manages to make you belly laugh almost every episode, this is the one for you!

Community: my brother introduced me to Community a few years back, before it was released onto Netflix. It had such a quirky and original humour that we binge watched the entire series, until there were no more new episodes. I'm not so sure how I will feel about the sixth season, without Troy... his and Abed's friendship is my favourite thing about the show.

Movies:
Lilo and Stich: Netflix is amazing for any Disney/Pixar/Dreamworks fan, as it has such a wide variety of films! Tangled was one of my absolute favourite Netflix watches before it mysteriously disappeared. Lilo and Stitch is one of the Disney films that I hold most dear.

Eat Pray Love: The only reason that I don't already own Eat Pray Love on DVD is that it's on Netflix. Eat Pray Love is such a feel good film - definitely a must see for anybody with a desire to travel. Italy has never been more appealing to me since watching this film.

Good Burger: if you watched Kenen and Kel when you were younger, this film will put a massive smile on your face. Including the same two actors, in extremely similar personas, Good Burger is as silly as movies come. If you have two hours to waste, definitely sit down and watch it from start to finish. I'm sure that you won't regret it!

Wayne's World: 20+ years old, Wayne's World is still just as hilarious. Mike Myers plays such a brilliant role, accompanied by his idiotic best friend Garth (played by Dana Carvey). Again, if you just need a good laugh without too much concentration needed, I would definitely recommend finding this on Netflix and giving it a watch.

What is your 'best of Netflix?' Do you share any of my favourites? Leave me a comment!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment