Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 May 2015

5-STAR REVIEWS: MIXING SILVER AND GOLD


Something that I had never thought about before working in a watch/jewellery shop is metallic colours. Now? It's all I ever think about (literally). I have been on the hunt for the perfect pair of gold shoes for at least two months now... but that's a different story.

Usually, I'm not a huge jewellery person. I have worn the same necklace every day since 2010 - an Egyptian cartouche, with Kassi spelt out in hieroglyphics. It means a lot to me, and so I tend to steer clear of buying many more necklaces. As for wrist jewellery, I am not a bracelet person. My wrists are far too tiny to wear bangles, and more tight-fitted bracelets just don't appeal to me. Although I do own a significant amount of rings, I end up taking them off after about an hours wear, and so I don't really see the point in putting them on in the first place. I'm actually in need of getting my ears re-pierced (for the third time, might I add), and so I can't even wear earrings!

However, I have been longing after two b-e-a-uuuutiful pieces from Fossil for a good few months. As a leaving gift to myself, I purchased both... and here they are! Through working at Fossil, I have discovered that I am a yellow gold lover - not so much rose gold, contrary to popular opinion. Silver is such a timeless colour, but it doesn't always look special enough all on its own. Mixing the two metals together pleases me an incredible amount, hence why both of my purchases are at least two-tone. The necklace* has three little metal cylinders, dangling at the end of a short chain. One rose gold, one silver (and sparkly), and one yellow gold. LOOOOOVE. The watch* that I treated myself to is two-tone, including both yellow gold and silver. I originally fell in love with the flush yellow gold version, but opted for a white background instead. I love how the gold accents stand out so much stronger, and that the links are both silver and gold too.

What colour metal do you tend to go for? Do you go solo, or do you like to mix colours like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment