Getting Ready For The Summer

Tuesday, 26 May 2015


When the sun decided to make a surprise appearance in the middle of April, it came to my attention that the majority of my wardrobe is very Winter-based. With no in-between jacket to wear, I went on the hunt for something weather appropriate, and walked away with both a denim shirt and a denim jacket (sorry not sorry). Shortly after, Jack and I booked our Summer holiday to Spain, which could only mean one thing: holiday clothes shopping. Everything in this post has been purchased in the past month or two, and is my preparation for the Summer. I have displayed my new Summer wardrobe in a collection of outfits, showing you exactly how I would wear them.

Basic Vest - H&M, Skirt - H&M, Denim Jacket - Topshop
The first outfit is very H&M based, throwing in my new denim jacket from Topshop. I've always found that H&M are amazing for Summer clothes - especially basics. I picked up this basic black vest, which will definitely come in handy throughout many outfits in the coming months. I didn't pick up the white as it wasn't in the right size, but I was also tempted to pick up the bright yellow and the bright orange... maybe I'll have to take another H&M trip. Although I really am trying to steer clear of florals, it's inevitable when the sun comes out. Playing the florals down by pairing this beautiful skirt with a plain black vest, and a denim jacket, makes it less prominent of a print.

Dress - ONLY, Denim Shirt - Topshop, Sunglasses - Fossil
This dress from ONLY is definitely going to be a staple piece for this Summer. It's simple and versatile - I've chosen to match it here with my Topshop denim shirt, but I could also match it when my denim jacket, or a plain black cardigan. Alternatively, I could throw a baggy jumper over the top, or wear a long sleeved white tee underneath. The options are endless! It was a steal as well, as I purchased it from Debenhams during a huge promotion, meaning that it only came to £12! Oh, and did I mention that it has pockets??? I've also fallen head over heels in love with these Fossil sunglasses, opting away from my usual aviator style to something more feminine.

Denim Shirt - Topshop, Zig Zag Racerback - H&M, Pink High Neck Tee - Ark, Black Jeans - Fat Face
For the days where it's not quite warm enough to get my legs out, I've invested in a few staple pieces to keep simple yet stylish. Displaying my Topshop denim shirt again, matching it with a pair of Fat Face skinny black jeans looks absolutely gorgeous. I just love the contrast of the types of denim together. The two options that I have shown are a) stripes, and b) a pop of colour. Every time that I want to buy something floral, I try to opt for stripes instead, as they are much more classic and timeless. This zig zag designed racerback is from H&M, and is one of my favourite clothing items of recent. Alternatively, wanting a pop of colour, I could wear this beautiful oversized tee that I picked up from Ark. I need to return to buy the grey version!

Black Pull-Over Dress - ASOS, Swim Suit - ASOS, Playsuit - H&M, Sunglasses - Fossil
These are definitely my holiday essentials! Wanting to try out a swim suit for a few years now, I have never found one that I either like enough, or that actually fits me properly. Swimwear shopping is always a nightmare for me, as most highstreet shops don't sell the right sizes. However, I bought this beautiful swim suit from ASOS on a whim, and it fits gloriously! I love the contrast of the stripes with the bright red/orange bottoms - I cannot wait to try it out in a few weeks time! To throw over the top on my walks to and from the pool and/or beach, I picked up this gorgeous black pull-over dress with crochet detailing, also from ASOS. It's definitely only appropriate over a bikini, as the arm holes are way too revealing to wear in England. Whilst in H&M, buying the above black vest top, skirt, and zig zag racerback, I also purchased this navy/dark grey (I have no idea what colour it is, to be frank) playsuit. I already own many floral playsuits, and so I wanted something a bit more plain and simple. This is something that I could also wear in England, pairing it with my Topshop denim jacket! Last but not least, the Fossil sunglasses have made another appearance, as as an absolute holiday must-have.

Now that I'm all prepared for the Summer, can the sun please reappear???

⋅No comments

Post a Comment