April Favourites: 2015

Thursday, 30 April 2015

April: the end to Easter, and the start to my revision. In the coming month, I have three exams to prepare for (and take), meaning that May is going to be the longest month so far this year. The upside is that Jack and I have just booked a holiday for the beginning of June, and so that'll work kindly as a reward for all of our hard work. As for April, the month that has just passed us, I have had a lovely month. The first week was spent in Manchester, accompanied by my absolute best friend, followed by a week at home with my beautiful family and friends. The last two weeks have been spent back up in Manchester, finally enjoying some sun for once! I've really tried to kick start a bit of an exercise routine this month, going for a run every few days, with the occasional swim here and there. I also made my third ever Sunday Lunch, which was a complete success! I would even go so far as to say that it was my best one yet... Let's take a look at this month's favourites!

Shoe shopping is one of my least favourite things in the world. I own very minimal pairs - I tend to stick with my two pairs of converse (burgundy, and white), my little black boots, and my little black pumps. Apart from flip flops, I have no need for any more. Saying that, I've realised that I am starting to need different types of shoes as my style is evolving, and so I took to ASOS with hope in my heart... and these are the shoes that I fell head over heels for. They fit beautifully, and are the perfect in-between shoe when it's not quite Summer yet!

If you are only ever going to buy one Essie product, let it be this one. As someone who changes their nails every few days, I should be a lot more skilled at it than I actually am. I always end up with some kind of fingerprint or mark, being inpatient for my nails to dry properly. The 'Good To Go' top coat dries my nails within 2 minutes, and really strengthens the colour that I've painted underneath. I cannot paint my nails without this now!

I couldn't quite tell you why, but I am obsessed with anything and everything gold and metallic at the moment. I am seriously on the hunt for a pair of gold pumps - I just haven't come across that pair yet. This nail polish was bought on a bit of a whim, having heard nothing about the particular shade, but it's turned out massively in my favour. Paired with the Good To Go Essie top coat, my nails are an absolute dream.

There isn't really a great deal that I can say about this mascara that hasn't already been discussed by every other blogger, as this is a definite beauty blogger cult product at the moment. All that I will say is that it separates my lashes better than any mascara I have previously used, and really lengthens them without that clumpy effect.

Unfortunately, you can't get your hands on this brush without accompanying it with both the duo fibre contour brush and eye brush. Although all three are amazing brushes, the one I've specifically fallen for is the face brush. Using it to apply blush, it picks up much less product that my normal Real Techniques Brush Blush, allowing for a lot more precision.

Source: Google Images
06: Singing For Strangers by Hudson Taylor
Ever since seeing them support Kodaline back in November 2013, I have not been able to stop listening to Hudson Taylor. As they hadn't yet released an album, I had to settle for their EP... but they have just recently released their first proper album! Their music is so peaceful and easy to listen to, and brings back such great memories of seeing Kodaline live (my absolute favourite gig I've ever been to). Please please please go and have a listen!

07: The sun!
Although the end of this month has been quite disappointing, with Manchester's usual weather of non-stop rain returning, a lot of April's weather has been beautiful! The sun has made a wonderful appearance, and there has been a week or two where I've not needed to wear my coat. Fingers crossed the rain will stop, and the Sun will come back out to play!

How has April treated you? Have you got anything exciting to look forward to in the Summer?

4 comments:

  1. The shoes are so cute! Oh my. X!
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Essie polishes, I have not tried out the top coat yet. I heard about the matte finish top coat, which I really want to try out!
    And those shoes are gorgeous!

    My favourites are up on my blog right now!
    Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh that sounds good! I have a Barry M matte top coat, but when it runs out I might have to invest in the Essie one... I'll go and have a nosey now! :) x x x

    ReplyDelete