Mac Lipstick Collection

Monday, 6 April 2015


What would a girl be without her lipstick collection? With a growing collection, I find myself only ever reaching for my Mac lipsticks nowadays. My love began just over a year ago, going from 0 to 6. As I find it extremely helpful for other bloggers to introduce me to new shades that I wasn't yet aware of, I thought that it was about time that I shared my babies with all of your beautiful faces!

Going in chronological order, my first ever Mac lipstick was Ruby Woo, with a matte finish. It is a gorgeous pillar box red, meaning that it was worn extensively over the Christmas period. I must say that it is slightly drying when worn for over 3 hours, making it difficult to touch up. Thankfully, its lasting power is strong, and so this isn't too big of a worry. 

Next, staying in the matte range, I got my hands on Pink Plaid. Somehow, this is a much less drying shade than Ruby Woo! With a tan, Pink Plaid is a little bit too light for me, but looks amazing at any other point of the year. Such a beautiful light pink!

At the beginning of my lipstick collection, I was more of a bright lip gal than an every day lip gal, meaning that my third purchase was Up The Amp, from the Amplified range. Being a bright purple shade, I don't get the chance to wear it that often, but it is one of my absolute favourites.

Plumful, from the lustre range, quickly became my favourite lipstick last Summer. No matter what time of the year it is, I tend to wear a lot of maroon, making Plumful my perfect lip colour. I even wrote an entire blog post declaring my love for this lipstick, which is actually my most viewed blog post. Even more reason to love it! Click here to go and have a read.

Despite how much I love Plumful, my all time favourite Mac lipstick (/lipstick at all for that matter) is Brave, from the satin range. I've worn it almost every day for the past 6 months, and it's the first lipstick that I've ever almost finished. The bullet is barely there anymore - it might be time to repurchase! I hate to say it, but it's such a perfect 'my lips but better' shade.

Last in my collection is a classic - Creme Cup, from the creemsheen range. This was a 20th birthday present from my Mother dearest, after not being able to find 'Mehr'. It glides onto my lips beautifully, really giving them that buttered up feeling. Despite its similarity to Brave, I haven't worn this one all that much, as it is a tid bit too light for my skin tone.

What Mac lipsticks would you recommend? Please leave me a comment below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment