Best of Drugstore Lipsticks

Friday, 24 April 2015

The majority of my everyday go-to lipsticks are my favourite MAC goodies, but I also own quite an extensive amount of drugstore lipsticks that I've picked up over the past few years. Although some of them have proved complete disasters, and are safely tucked away in a hidden make up bag, there are six drugstore lipsticks in my collection that I have a dying passion for. Forever raiding the make up aisles of Boots, I really appreciate it when a fellow blogger recommends something that I am sure to love. With this in mind, I thought that I would share with all of your beautiful faces the six drugstore lipsticks that will always have a fixed place in my collection! So, without further ado...

01: Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in 'Posy Pink'
Smashbox isn't exactly a drugstore priced brand, which each lipstick costing £16. Definitely a lot cheaper than MAC, but slightly more expensive than Rimmel. Of the two Smashbox lipsticks that I own, neither are the full sized versions. Kindly, my Mum picked up some sample sizes when spending a certain amount at their counter! 'Posy Pink' is a beautiful light pink shade, that could definitely be pulled off as pink toned nude on someone with a lighter skin tone. On myself, it's quite a bright light pink, which is perfect for the coming Sunny months!

02: Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in 'Fig'
The second Smashbox sample lipstick that she picked up for me is a much darker colour, in the shade 'Fig'. Already owning very many berry colours, it was nice to finally have a non-matte one in my collection. It's quite a lot darker than a lot of the berries I already own, and so works perfectly to give off that vampy look. I would definitely recommend 'Fig' if you're a fan of a darker lip!

03: LOréal Paris Perfection Colour Riche Lipstick in '214 Violet Saturne'

This is a recent purchase of mine, needing an extra item in my Boots 3 for 2. I usually research into lipsticks and other make up products before I buy them, not wanting to make a regretful purchase, but 'Violet Saturne' was bought on a complete whim. Luckily, it worked out in my favour, as it is the most beautiful shiny pinky/purple. I feel a bit lost without lipstick on, but I don't always want to opt for a strong lip colour. This shade is the perfect alternative!

04: Soap&Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lipstick in 'Pom Pom'
This one has been in my collection for about a year or so, after seeing a few bloggers heavily recommending it. The taste and smell of it is absolutely to die for, making it a dream to apply and wear. As a matte lipstick, 'Pom Pom' can be quite drying, and so it can be quite difficult to wear for long periods of time. However, the colour pay off is beautiful, and I would say that it's one of my favourite lipsticks in my entire collection.

05: Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in '107'

Out of the four matte shades in the Rimmel by Kate Moss collection, I own three of them (with the pinkest shade, 101, as the yet-to-buy). I have only listed two here simply because the third that I own is 110, a coral shade, which I don't get too much wear out of. '107' is a very popular Rimmel lipstick, as it is the most beautiful deep berry colour. Worn with stripes, it is one of the most beautiful drugstore lipsticks out there on the market.

06: Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in '111 Kiss of Life'

The second shade that I adore to pieces is the pillar box red shade, 'Kiss of Life'. I absolutely love pulling off a bright red lip, and MAC's Ruby Woo is a constant in my make up bag. However, I find that it can sometimes be a bit too drying if I'm going to wear it all day long, whilst the matte formula in the Kate Moss alternative is a lot more moisturising. If you're on the search for a bright red lipstick, but don't want to pay high-end prices, then I would throughly recommend this lipstick.


L-R: Smashbox Posy Pink, Smashbox Fig, LOréal 214, Soap&Glory Pom Pom, Rimmel 107, Rimmel 111
Just so that you can get a vague idea of how each of the lipsticks looks, I have swatched them all for you on my arm. They are in the same order as the lipstick pictures above, which is also the same order that I have spoken about them in. You can definitely see from the pictures that the LOréal lipstick has a beautiful high shine to it, whilst the last three lipsticks are much more matte. 

What are your favourite drugstore lipsticks? Have I mentioned any? Leave me a comment!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment