Two Perfect Lip Duos

Monday, 23 March 2015


There is a reason that I own very few lip glosses - they're sticky, they don't last, and, more often than not, I like to rock a matte lip. However, just recently I've began to experiment with the few lip glosses in my make up collection, and I have come across two perfect lip duos!


The first, a berry/red lip, is the combination of Collection Deluxe Lipstick in 'Prohibition', with a topping of Elizabeth Arden's High Shine Lip Gloss in 'Sparkling Ruby'. As the lipgloss is a few years old (a hand-me-down from my Mother dearest), the only available link that I can find is on Amazon. I guess I must have my hands on a discontinued product! Let's just hope that I never get to the bottom of the tube... Prohibition already has a lot of shine to it, looking perfectly fine by itself, but a touch of lipgloss in a similar shade gives a much fuller and more voluminous lip look.


The second, a more natural/pink lip, is the combination of MAC Pink Plaid, and my all time favourite lipgloss, NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss in Como. Pink Plaid is a beautiful light pink shade with a matte finish, which I actually mentioned in my January Favourites despite having it in my collection since last April. In the mood for a matte lip, which is about 70% of the time, this beauty is my go-to. However, I find a matte lip is quite difficult to maintain throughout the day, and so adding a dab of Como helps to keep the same beautiful colour, bit with a touch of sheen instead. I must say, I feel very Blair Waldorf wearing this pink lip duo... the ultimate dream!

What perfect lip duos have you discovered? Leave me a comment below with recommendations!

3 comments: