January Favourites: 2015

Tuesday, 3 February 2015


What a weird start to the year! January is usually the month that I dread - the weather keeps getting colder, the days are short and dark, and Christmas is long gone. What's the point in Winter when there's nothing festive to look forward to? Despite my grumpiness towards the beginning of the year, it's actually been an exceptional month. I've had lots of revision to get on with, and wrote six essays in the space of four days... but let's not talk about that. Somehow, I've managed to spend a lot of time with my friends in the past four weeks, and Meg and I finally found the flat that we're going to move into come July! A certain boy may have improved the start of 2015, too...

01: Red Tartan Scarf
This little number was a Christmas present from my Dad. I won't ramble on for too long about this beauty, as I mentioned in my recent Winter Wardrobe post, which you can find here! It's been my go-to scarf of the month, often being paired with a bright red lippy. I have absolutely no idea where it's from unfortunately, but a red tartan scarf shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on!

02: No7 Radiant Sphere Highlighter
Another Christmas present, and something I've worn every single day for the last month. Weirdly, I had been lusting after this highlighter for a week or so before it magically appeared under our Christmas tree. Good shout, Mama Bear! The wonderful lady actually put together a little No7 gift bag for me, including this highlighter, a glittery nail polish, and the concealer that I'm going to mention next. How I ever did my make up without this highlighter is honestly beyond me...

03: No7 Instant Radiance Under Eye Concealer
This was the concealer that I found in my little No7 gift bag. Knowing nothing about it already, I gave it a go, and I instantly noticed how strongly it evened out my skin tone before applying the rest of my make up. It's quickly become an essential in my every day make up routine, and I really notice a difference in my skin when it gets missed out!

04: Real Techniques Powder Brush
We're onto favourite number 4 and we're still on Christmas presents! This is the one thing that I actually asked my Mum for, and I am so so happy that I did. After already owning the Real Techniques Blush Brush, I knew that I had to invest in some others. As powder is the next biggest part of my daily make up routine, it's now another essential item that I would feel lost without.

05: MAC Lipstick in 'Pink Plaid'
This is the one beauty/fashion favourite that I'm going to mention that wasn't a present from good ol' Kris Kringle - my beautiful Pink Plaid MAC lipstick. After having a long discussion with one of my good friends Nikki about MAC make up (you can find her blog here, please go and have a read!), I re-fell in love with this little wonder. It's usually a Summer colour for me, but I've managed to make it work as a Winter shade for the past few weeks. What can beat a good pink lippy?


Sources: 01 / 02
06: That 70's Show
Having always caught random episodes here and there on Comedy Central and Viva, I decided to actually sit down and watch That 70's Show from start to finish. I haven't binge watched a TV show since I finished Gossip Girl back in October, and so it felt time to move onto something else. A series and a half in, I cannot stop watching it. It's just such an easy TV show to put on in the background when I'm painting my nails or getting ready in the morning. Plus, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis as an on-screen couple are almost as cute as they are as a real-life couple!

07: Modern Family
Another TV show to round up my January favourites! Similarly, I've only ever caught random episodes here and there, but it can make me cry-laugh. That certain boy and I have started to watch the seasons from finish to start (I couldn't even tell you why). Finishing season six within the first three days, we're now onto season five, and it won't be too long before we've watched the entire thing... just another easy going TV show to fall asleep to at the end of a hard day.

And there are my January favourites! I hope that you've had a wonderful start to the year. Please do let me know what you've been getting up and loving in the last 31 days below!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I've never heard of that MAC lipstick before but the shade looks lovely! Also love the look of the No7 highlighter - looks like a bit of a YSL Touche Eclat dupe (but much cheaper which is always a bonus!)

    Beth / www.bethany-georgina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, a matte finish as well so it's one of my absolute faves :) oooh I didn't realise that, love a good dupe! x x x

      Delete
  2. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my post on lordlaura.blogspot.fr
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I'll be sure to check it out :) x x x

      Delete
  3. Ive also been loving my big RT powder brush this month! Great favourites :)

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooo love the look of the mac lipstick! xx

    ReplyDelete