February Favourites: 2015

Friday, 27 February 2015


The second month of 2015 has been a good one indeed - this year is turning out to be a winner, so far. February has included a large amount of amazing food (the diet starts on Monday...), and a lovely visit from one of my best friends, Sophie. Needing to return to England for a week, we spent a lovely few days together before she jetted back off to her home in Turkey. February also saw the first Valentine's Day that I've ever spent in a proper relationship! It could not have been more perfect, being gifted with chocolate, flowers, and a cute mug, along with a day full of cuddles and bad movies. What more could a girl ask for? Jack and I spent his birthday at the Trafford Centre, and took a visit to the Sea Life to say hello to all of the little fishes. We then ended the day with a beautiful meal at a romantic tapas restaurant. Last weekend saw a trip home, to spend a few days with the beautiful family, and to be reunited with two of my best friends! Not much to complain about really, apart from the impending politics essay due in in 10 days time...

As my go-to shampoo and conditioner, I revel in glory whenever Aussie has an offer on in Boots. Already having picked 2 out of my 3 items for £10, I decided to try out this mousse, always on the hunt for something to give my flat hair some oomph. Surprisingly, this has actually done a pretty good job! Squirting some of the product onto my hands and running it through the lengths of my hair, my blow dry then feels twice as thick. 100% recommend to anybody needing volume.

If you follow me on Instagram, or have seen any of my 'Week in Pictures' posts in the last few weeks (which you can find here and here), then you will know that my Essie nail polish barrier is well and truly broken. Starting off small with a one polish purchase, I accidentally got pushed into the rabbit hole and now own five. Oops? All of the colours are absolute beauties, but I have to give a special mention to Tart Deco. Never has an orange looked so beautiful on my nails!

After falling in love with the No7 Instant Radiant Highlighter in January (mentioned in my favourites, here), I decided to push out the boat and try another highlighter as well. To be completely honest, I may have based my purchase on just how beautiful the pan looks... but it applies gloriously! It's the extra touch that I need once my make up routine is complete, adding the most beautiful pink-toned sheen to my cheekbones.

Finally, I have invested in a foundation!!! A few years ago, I never felt any need to have a base layer to my make up, only applying minimal products. As time has progressed, though, and my make up bag has only grown bigger and bigger, I began to use my concealer as a make-shift foundation... and it was starting to drive my crazy. As Sophie has a similar skin tone to me, I took her recommendation of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse, and it has worked a charm so far! I don't feel cakey at all, which is what I was afraid of.

A very new addition to my wardrobe, having purchased these less than a week ago when I was back in Nottingham, but an instant favourite. I've wanted some trousers, rather than jeans, for far too long now, but I've never been successful in my search. Then, when I had just about given up, these bad boys have come into my life. Would you judge me if I told you that I wore them for the first three days that I owned them? I'm not even sorry!


07: Sia, and her album '1000 Forms of Fear'
I first heard of Sia through discussion about her controversial music videos. Watching them, I fell in love with the incredible choreography, but didn't have a second thought about the music. Then, when watching the more controversial music video for 'Elastic Heart', the music started to really move me as I watched the dancers throw out all of their emotions for us all to see. I decided to purchase the entire album, and no other music has been played on my iPod since. Music that drives me to dance uncontrollably, as well as burn a fire in my heart - there is nothing greater.

08: Gogglebox
Perhaps I'm slightly late to the bandwagon with this one, but Gogglebox has been a new and frequent TV show in my life for the past four weeks. When with Jack, I love to watch easy going shows (mostly because we end up falling asleep to it, or it's our dinner-time entertainment), and so Gogglebox has been the perfect show for us both. My favourite family on the show are by far the elderly couple from Liverpool, as they make me aww every time that there's a clip of them.

And that sums up February! How is 2015 treating you so far?

2 comments:

  1. That Essie shade is so lovely!! Also love the sound of the Aussie product!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both amazing purchases this month! x x x

      Delete