Best of Blush

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Clockwise: Soap & Glory in 'Love At First Blush' / Sleek in 'Rose Gold' / Topshop in 'Dream Phone' / Bourjois in 'Rose D'or' / Bobbi Brown in 'Pale Pink' / Bourjois in 'Lilas D'or'

The favourite part of my make up routine is deciding which blusher will give life to my cheeks that day. I could leave the house without bronzer on, and I could live without mascara, but blusher is an absolute must. As my love and knowledge of make up has grown over the last year, I have gone from owning one simple No7 blusher, to 10 or more from various brands. After some thought and consideration, I have chosen my top six blushers to share with all of your beautiful faces.

My go-to blusher will always be Sleek in 'Rose Gold', which is favoured in the blogosphere for its similarity to Nars' 'Orgasm', adding such a natural beautiful shine to your cheekbones. My next favourite would have to be Bobbi Brown in 'Pale Pink' (which still makes me laugh because of how not pale the shade is). It's the perfect blusher to pick up when you need a bit of uplifting, giving you a natural looking flush. Next up is Bourjois in 'Lilas D'or'. This one is a recent purchase (mentioned in my December Favourites, here), and is a beautiful deep pink shimmer. Darker shades are great for adding a bit of contouring, which leads me straight to Topshop in 'Dream Phone'. I'm not sure if the exact shade is still available to purchase, as I cannot find it on the website, but I've provided a link to the general Topshop blusher page! Another deep pink, with much less shimmer, for a slightly toned down look. Soap & Glory's 'Love At First Blush' is the first S&G make up product that I ever purchased, and it made me fall madly in love with the brand. Great as a highlighter too, it adds the optimal amount of shimmer to your cheekbones to really make a difference to your every day look. Last on my list is another Bourjois blusher, in 'Rose D'or' - similar to the other Bourjois pick, with a subtle difference of a lighter tone. I adore Bourjois blushers for their pigmentation, and the other two that are in my collection would definitely be my seventh and eighth picks! If you want to read a bit more about them, see my previous post here.

And that rounds up my top six blushers! Next on my list, lipsticks... What is your go-to blush?

8 comments:

  1. Bourjois blusher is my favorite! I just buy it repeatedly!

    Carrie @

    lettersoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own four, and I'm sure that number will double by the end of the year at least! x x x

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, love. I have never gotten any makeup from Top shop but I will soon try their makeup products since so many people rave about it <3 My fave blush is the Wet n Wild in pearlescent pink, it's a gorgeous color and very affordable too :)

    xo
    colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) topshop make up is honestly amazing, you wouldn't expect much from a fashion store, but it's a must-try! Ooh never heard of that brand, I'll have to have a little look! :) x x x

      Delete
  3. Love the look of the Saop & Glory, and Bourjois shades are always fabulous!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Soap & Glory blusher is so beautiful! x x x

      Delete
  4. Mine has to be Gentle by MAC! It's perfect for pale people like myself. It looks super dark in pan but on skin it's so light which is fab for me :)

    http://amyslittleweb.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never actually tried a MAC blusher, but I've always wanted to! Might have to swatch a few next time I'm in Selfridges :) x x x

      Delete