The Christmas Tag

Monday, 15 December 2014

Sources L-R: 01 / 02 / 03
It's difficult to scroll down my Bloglovin feed without stumbling across the Christmas tag every other post, and so here is my contribution! If you would like to read about my further love for Christmas, click here to see a recent post discussing my favourite things about the holidays!

01: What is your favourite Christmas movie/s?
I have three favourites, one of which is my favourite film of all time - Love Actually. Next comes The Grinch; Jim Carrey is a comedy god. Thirdly, I have just recently rekindled my love for The Holiday! I may have cried once or twice (*cough* six times... sorry not sorry)

02: Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
Who opens their presents on Christmas Eve??? What do you then do on Christmas morning? Our family tradition is to wake up really early, I then have the responsibility to place the presents in four separate piles (one for me, for my brother, for my Mum, and for my Dad), and designate everybody their appropriate seat. We then spend an hour or so opening our presents!

03: Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
All of my holidays sort of blend into one, if I'm honest. We're a family of habit! After opening presents, my Mum starts to cook whilst my Dad, brother and I head to the pub for a traditional Christmas drink. Then it's off home for an amazing dinner, perhaps a board game, and an afternoon snooze to whatever Christmas movie/specials are on. Nothing more, nothing less...

04: Favourite festive food?
Pigs in blankets, straight up

05: Favourite Christmas gift?
Personal and well thought out gifts always mean the most to me. One of my favourite Christmas presents that I've ever been given is a frame that my brother gave me back in 2012, with a picture of him, myself, and our dog from the early 2000s. It's been sat on my bedside table for the past two years, and I doubt that'll change anytime soon

06: Favourite Christmas scent?
Is bacon a Christmas scent? Making bacon sandwiches on Christmas morning comes to mind...

07: Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Not really, as much as I would like to say that we do. For the past two years, I've been working at Fat Face on Christmas Eve setting up for the Boxing Day sale. This year I'll be at work in Manchester until 4pm, and then I'll be heading home to Nottingham for a wonderful pre-Christmas Chinese to celebrate my Dad's birthday (the 23rd)

08: What tops your tree?
A star or an angel, usually

09: As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild) gift you always asked for but never received?
More than likely a pony, or a different pet of some sort

10: What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Definitely head over to this post to read my full list! To sum it up, though, I would have to say family, decorations, and the chance to relax

Have you done the Christmas tag? What's your favourite part about the holidays?

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog, I also did the crimbo tag on my blog as well
    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute tag ^^ might do this one as well! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made me feel super festive, do it! x x x

      Delete