It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Source

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... I'm just full of festive lyrics today! My Christmas playlist has been on full blast for the last week, including the wonders of Bing Crosby, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Wizzard, and The Pogues. As I am now fully in the holiday spirit, it only felt appropriate to share with you some of my absolute favourite aspects of Christmas - enjoy!

→ Not being judged for having Christmas music on repeat
Having just mentioned it, how could I not discuss this one first? As soon as January hits, I honestly wait all year long for it to be socially acceptable to listen to my favourite Christmas songs. They all just bring such a smile to my face! Working in retail, you would think that I would hate Christmas music, being forced to endure it on a day-to-day basis, but it's had quite the opposite effect. A bit late to the game, I purchased Michael Bublé's Christmas album last year, and fell in uncontrollable love with it. I'm crazily happy that it's the holiday season, so that I can listen to some of my all time favourite songs every single day. Eeee!

→ Spending hours decorating my Christmas tree
For the first time in as long as I can remember, I'm not able to go home to decorate my family's Christmas tree this year *cry*. However, silver lining! My mama bear kindly bought me some b-e-a-uuuutiful decorations from IKEA a few weeks ago, which are now hanging in pride of place on our flat Christmas tree. At least I was able to decorate one tree this year, eh? I am such a perfectionist, having to spread the baubles evenly, as well as freaking out if two baubles of the same colour are sat directly next to each other. Cheeky FRIENDS reference - I'm Monica when she lets the others decorate her tree, and then rotates it to display her perfect arrangement.

→ Putting my feet up to a Christmas classic
My favourite film of all time is actually a Christmas film. It's something that I watch all year round, and, of course, that film is Love Actually. There's just something so magical about a Christmas film, that fills you to the brim with joy, happiness, and gratitude. Bar Love Actually, The Grinch will always be my go-to Christmas film, purely for Jim Carrey's sassy nature. Whether it's an old classic like Home Alone, or a more recent rom-com like The Holiday, you can place more or less any Christmas film in front of me and I will more than happily give it a watch. Unless it's Elf... very unpopular opinion, but I can't stand Will Ferrell (sorry not sorry).

→ The excitement of Christmas shopping
Whilst some people shudder at the thought of battling their way through a busy city centre, attempting to pick up presents that they hope their friends and family will love, I absolutely fricking love it. I'm a bit of a shopaholic (no surprise there!), and so spending money without the guilt of spending it on myself is an adrenaline rush. From brainstorming ideas of what I can buy, to purchasing all of my presents, to buying the wrapping paper and tags and bows and ribbons and and and... I find it all a bit overwhelming, to tell you the truth. Even when I think that I've finished, I never really and truly have, forever picking up last minute stocking fillers on Christmas Eve.

→ Any excuse to run around frantically with no questions asked
Is there any other time of the year that it's acceptable to run around screaming 'IT'S CHRISTMAAAAAAAS', or 'SANTA'S COMINGGGGG'??? Probably a silly question considering it's only Christmas once a year... but you understand my point! For some reason, once a year, it's suddenly okay to run around frantically, drunk off of festivity, and zero questions will be asked. No 'what are you so happy about?', no 'would you please calm down?', no 'Kassi, please stop screaming'. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day...

What are your favourite things about the holiday season? Leave me a comment below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment