The Autumn Tag

Thursday, 23 October 2014


When I speak of my love for Autumn, an inch of bias comes into play; October is my birthday month (and as a matter of fact, I turned the ripe old age of twenty yesterday!) My birthday aside, Autumn definitely bears other special treats - mammoth milkway hot chocolates, to mention but one. As 'The Autumn Tag' has been floating around the blogosphere for a week or two now, it felt like the perfect opportunity to share my Autumnal spirit - enjoy!

01: Okay, we're talking coffee's - what's your favourite seasonal drink from Starbucks?
As much as I would love to say that my Starbucks order changes during the colder months, it'll always remain the same - a small vanilla hot chocolate. I have honestly never even tried a PSL (a Pumpkin Spiced Latté for those of you who don't spend their life on the internet/in Starbucks), although I did have a Caramel Salted Latté from Costa two or three years ago... and I'm afraid to feedback that it was too sweet for my liking. Should I give PSL the benefit of the doubt?

02: Accessories - what do you opt for, scarf, boots, gloves?

I am an absolute scarf fiend. So far this Autumn, I have picked up two newbies (one of which was courtesy of my lovely Mother), but I'm forever on the look out for more. My boots this year were a birthday treat from my parents, and I utterly adore them. As little black ankle boots, they are a perfect Autumn staple - I'll leave a link here! As for gloves, I stumbled across some (faux) leather beauties with a pretty bow detailing on a market stall in Nottingham a few weeks back. Come to think of it, these were also a small gift from my mama bear! It seems as though you've provided me with all of my Autumn necessitates, Mum - I can't thank you enough!

03: Music - what's your favourite music to listen to during Autumn?

For me, pop music is a Summer essential - I can't go a day without blasting out some One Direction or Taylor Swift. Autumn music, however, needs toning down, and so I stick on some of my favourite tracks - featuring Ed Sheeran, The Script, Bon Iver, Mumford & Sons (a 100% Winter favourite of mine!), and then some slower soundtracks, such as The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Happythankyoumoreplease. November is genuinely the time of the year that I start itching to listen to Christmas music, and so the Love Actually soundtrack comes out in all it's glory!

04: Perfume - what's your favourite scent for this time of year?

I've got to be honest - I'm not generally a perfume kinda gal. Body mist is more my kind of thing, and I stay faithful to this vanilla body mist from The Body Shop all year round.

05: Candles - what scents will you be burning this season?

Cat owns a million and one candles, and they're all lined up neatly on her windowsill waiting for their turn in the spotlight... whereas I own a set of tea lights from Sainsburys that haven't ever been lit. Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love candles. I will go into every candle store that I come across, and spend a good 20 minutes making sure that I have tried every single one, but I can never justify walking away with one. To tell you the truth, I can never pick just one. However, the candle that Zoella brought out last month is tempting me beyond belief! (NB: Cat actually bought it for me for my birthday - the girl knows me well!)

06: What do you love most about Autumn?

The colours. Without a shadow of a doubt. There is a reason that the photograph I used for this blog post is also the background on my phone - because every time I glance at it, it brings me a sense of joy and calmness. Summer is my favourite time of the year by far - the sun is my best friend. However, Autumnal fashion makes up for the bitterly cold weather. Any day that I can dress in mustard yellow is a day that I will be in utter bliss.

07: Favourite makeup look?

Not a lot changes about my makeup look in the Autumn, with the only two changes tending to be my blusher and lipstick. Wearing darker clothes, my pink toned blushers have been pushed to the bottom of my makeup bag in the last few weeks, and orange tones have started to emerge in their place. However, I'll always match my blusher to my outfit, and so if I'm having a pink day, anything is possible! The same kind of philosophy applies for lipsticks as well, but I do tend to start wearing plums more frequently this time of year. Mac's Brave has been my go-to lipstick for the last two months now, and even though it's a pinky toned nude, it's so neutral that it can go with any outfit.

08: What are you looking forward to most in Autumn?

As a birthday treat, my best friend Lyndsey and I are going to see Ed Sheeran live this evening, which I am insanely excited about!!! In Novemeber, my mum and I will have the privilege of seeing Paloma Fatih, along with James Blunt live (for the second time...) the following week. Unfortunately, I have a lot of deadlines throughout Autumn, and so I'll most likely be tucked away in the corner of my room, slaving away at my desk... but that means that I can be wrapped up in a blanket, with my hair on top of my head, with a hot chocolate in hand as I work. There are a few advantages of being a student, who would have guessed?

2 comments:

  1. This is such a cute tag! You'll be a candle addict like me soon enough ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete