September Favourites: 2014

Wednesday, 1 October 2014


September had us all waving a bittersweet goodbye to the Summer, and welcoming the Autumn with a big warm hug. My September has included leaving French Connection and beginning my new adventure at Fossil, a trip to Nottingham for Lee Evans' tour, followed by a visit from Mama Bear to watch the live performance of War Horse, the arrival of all of my university friends, and finally, my return to university as a second year student. As woeful as I am that the Summer has drawn to a close, it is now October, meaning that my birthday is on the horizon! Next it'll be Christmas, and then New Year, and before you know it we'll be right back at the end of September again... spooky how fast time goes. Here are my monthly favourites for September!

01: Soap and Glory Love at First Blush
Can never resist a blusher, me! Being such a massive fan of Soap and Glory's skincare range, I felt compelled to sample something from their make up range as well. Already owning my go-to concealer and mascara, blusher was the next obvious answer. Spotting this blusher was love at first sight, as I have wanted something a little less pigmented for a while now. All of my other blushers are quite strong colours, and so I thought that this one would do the trick - and I wasn't wrong! It's been my go-to blusher of the month.

02: Topshop Powder Blush in 'Dream Phone'
...I may have caved into my passion and bought another - but with good reason! Like Soap and Glory, Topshop's make up range is another that I have been dying to experiment with, already owning so many of their nail polishes (blog post here). After a little bit of research, I decided on 'Dream Phone', as it is a purple-toned pink. Perfect for the Autumn! When not reaching for my Soap and Glory blusher, this has been my second go-to blusher of the month, jazzing up any simple outfits. I will warn, however, that it is very pigmented. A little goes a long way!

03: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 'Transparent'
As most of you will know, I don't wear a lot of base make up (I don't own one single foundation). However, I don't use my concealer sparingly, and end up putting it all over my face. As it's not a foundation, it tends to wear off throughout the day, and so I finally invested in a powder. Not wearing foundation, I never thought that one was necessary, but boy was I wrong. This little beauty has been my lifeline for the whole of September, keeping my make up on all day long, making my bag that little bit lighter without all of my make up weighing it down.

04: MAC Lipstick in 'Brave'
I have finally found my perfect lipstick. Don't get me wrong, I know that I say that about every new lipstick that I purchase, especially if it's from MAC, but this one ranks above all others. It's such a typical blogger phrase, but, it's a 'my lips but better' shade. Step aside Ed Westwick, because 'Brave' is the new love of my life. What's weird, is that I did no research before purchasing 'Brave'. I didn't enter into Selfridges looking for it, nor had I actually heard of it before it caught my eye. But if it was meant to be then it was meant to be...

05: L'Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Heat Protect Styling Spray Volume
I know that I'm probably a little bit (A LOT) late to the party with this one, but as well as finding my perfect lipstick, I have found my perfect heat defence. I have been tossing and turning between Toni & Guy, Trevor Sorbie, and V05 for months now, but could never decide if anything was really making a difference to my hair. This life saviour, however, has done wonders for my hair, and really gives it the volume that I am always longing for.



06: Pitch Perfect Soundtrack
I have become absolutely obsessed with this soundtrack this month. Soundtracks for my favourite films have such a special place in my life and, the majority of the time, I prefer listening to them over any other music. The Pitch Perfect soundtrack has definitely made my washing up a hell of a lot more interesting, and I am positive that I was caught dancing down the pasta aisle in Sainsburys the other week as it blasted through my headphones...

07: (500) Days of Summer Soundtrack
I wasn't lying when I said that I love a good soundtrack. This has been my next go-to album of September, with a mixture of upbeat songs that have me happily bobbing down the street, and heartbreaking music that makes looking out of a bus window seem like I'm in a movie. As a massive fan of the film, I know exactly when each song is played, and so 'Hero' by Regina Spektor rips my heart out. Every. Single. Time. (If you're not sure what I'm talking about, google 'expectations vs. reality scene')

Has your Autumn began well? What were you favourite things about September?

2 comments:

  1. Thats topshop blush looks gorgeous. I need to pick up some new blushes for Autumn. I love film soundtracks as well! When Im doing work I love listening to instrumental pieces from movie soundtracks.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely amazing! Sleek do amazing autumnal blushers, definitely check them out :) I can't listen to anything with lyrics if I'm studying, so I'm the exact same haha! x x x

      Delete