"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-oops..."

Monday, 27 October 2014


Before I'd even sat down and attempted to write this post, two disasters struck: the title, and the photography. For the former, I was struggling to produce a quirky headline, when Taylor Swift's ever so catchy hit '22' sprung to mind. Thinking that I had struck gold, I began to write the idea down, when I realised the obvious; I have just turned twenty, not twenty-two. Naturally, I uttered a small 'oops'... and that explains the post's title! As for the latter, I could not conjure up a photography layout no matter how hard I tried. Stay posted for a photograph of me asleep under a table in next week's Instagram round up, is all that I'm going to say for now. There's a cheeky little look into my scattered mind for you all this morning (not that you asked)...

Annoyances aside, it was my birthday last Wednesday, and I had the loveliest day. I was definitely spoilt rotten by everybody in my life, with presents ranging from Zoella beauty products (cheers Cat!), to mouth-watering recipe books, to a hard drive for my MacBook. On the day itself, I couldn't quite have a full day of leisure, with four hours of university from 10am-2pm. However, I did have an exciting morning, as I opened my bedroom door only to be attacked by tens of balloons that Cat had placed there the night before. After university, Cat and I headed straight for Las Iguanas (after possibly walking in the wrong direction.. let's not mention that), and then proceeded on to the cinema, where we saw 'Love, Rosie'. Not knowing too much about the film beforehand, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was the most perfect rom-com. If you're up for a bit of a sob and restoration of your faith in love, it's definitely a must-see. In the evening, I made my way to meet all of my flatmates from last year for a two hour session of bowling! It was so wonderful to see everybody all together once again, which has only occurred one other time since they all returned to Manchester a month and a half ago. All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my birthday - with best friends.

And now I'm no longer a teenager... how weird is that??? In all honesty, twenty doesn't exactly feel any different to plain old nineteen, but I do feel a rush of pressure to get my life set on the right track. I've entered a new century - the one in which I will graduate, the one in which I will begin my life-long career, the one in which I will fall head over heels in love with the man that I will dance all of my dances with, and the one in which I will at least consider starting a family. I discuss all of these wishes without the certainty that any will come true - but this is how I see my life growing over the next ten years. My life will be 100% different; and I can't decide if that makes me more frightened or excited. Personally, I've always said that the big two-one is the official D-day, meaning that I have another year to prepare myself for the big bad world... and I won't even graduate for another year after that, so I definitely have more than enough time. Realistically, being twenty will probably prove no different to being nineteen - but it's exhilarating and petrifying to think that, soon, I won't only be making steps into the adult world, but leaps and bounds.

What about the adult world scares you?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!
    Hope you had a lovely day, it sounds like you did, even if you did have to go to uni! 20 is a good age, no longer a teenager, but not so old that you're expected to act like a proper adult and have responsibilities and things. ew.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) just feels strange to not be a teen anymore really haha, think when I start hitting 22 and 23 I'll properly freak out... x x x

      Delete