Top 10 // Best FRIENDS Episodes

Thursday, 11 September 2014


If you know me at all, you'll know just how big of a FRIENDS fan that I am. I've owned the box set for five years now, and have watched it from start to finish a gazillion times. The box set itself is actually one of my most prized possessions, which I have discussed in a previous blog post here. As I know that I am not alone in my madly passionate love for these six characters, I'm sure that many of you will appreciate and agree with my choice for the top 10 FRIENDS episodes of all time. Because I'm overly organised, in chronological order...


01: The One With George Stephanopoulos (S1E4)
This is actually my all time favourite FRIENDS episode, and it's only the fourth of the entire show. It's such a feel good episode, showing that no matter how messed up your life currently is, as long as you have friends, you'll be okay. That's what the show's all about, isn't it? That friendship is the most important thing we could ever find on this earth.

02: The One With All The Poker (S1E18)
Love love loooove this episode. For me, this episode really shows just how similar men and women are, and how you need a balance of genders in a friendship group. I'm sure the reason that there are three men and three women are so that the show is as relatable as possible, but I've always wanted a friendship group like that. As a girl, you need other girls, but too many girls can drive you crazy - enter boys!

03: The One Where Ross Finds Out (S2E7)
"You're... you're over me? When were you... under me?" Absolutely love this scene, because it's so accurate to how all love confessions go. The writers are beyond genius - it's such a Ross thing to say. And obviously, as most people, I'm a massive Ross and Rachel shipper, and so this episode is the beginning of everything!

04: The One With The Embryos (S4E12)
This one is in here purely for the game that Ross invents to settle a bet between Monica and Rachel, and Chandler and Joey. Obviously it all goes wrong and Monica and Rachel end up loosing their apartment to the boys. "WOULD YOU ALL STOP YELLING IN OUR APARTMENT, YOU ARE RUINING MOVING DAY FOR US" - again, such a Chandler thing to say.

05: The One Hundredth (S5E3)
I cannot watch this episode without bawling my eyes out. Phoebe is the character that I grow to dislike more and more, weirdly. Don't get me wrong - I still love her - I just prefer her from the earlier few series. Her difficulty to give away the babies that she'd surrogated to her brother is so heartbreaking, as she considers asking if she can keep one. It just resounds my need for children, to bear such a strong connection to another human being.

06: The One With All The Resolutions (S5E11)
Such a typical New Years episode, but it shows so cleverly how everybody finds it difficult to change (and that not all change is a good idea). Ross and his leather pants is just disastrous (albeit hilarious), Rachel and Chandler epicly fail their respective resolutions to stop gossiping and to stop making fun of their friends, and Joey sucks at the guitar. I think the only person who succeeds in the slightest is Monica, by trying to take more photos of the group.

07: The One Where Everybody Finds Out (S5E14)
Apparently I just love it when the characters find out things the audience already knows! The whole 'but they don't know that we know!' line that grows and grows throughout the episode also makes me laugh so much, especially because of Joey's confusion for the whole thing. Monica and Chandler are my favourite pairing of any of the six characters, and so any episode that shows their love for each other will always be my favourite.

08: The One With The Proposal (S6E24/5)
...do you see my point? Another episode that I can't watch without bawling my eyes out. The speech that Chandler gives to Monica at the end... if I ever find a love that strong, I'll know that I will have found something irreplaceable. "You make me happier than I ever thought I could be, and if you'll let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way".

09: The One With All The Cheesecakes (S7E11)
Another pick purely for one specific storyline - Rachel and Chandler's fight over a cheesecake. I love how unique this episode is, in the long haul, because there are barely any story lines that revolve around solely Rachel and Chandler. Clearly food brings them together... and what better food to do so than a delicious cheesecake. Even better, the fact that they end up dropping it and trying to eat the clean bits off the floor... it's just such a brilliantly written episode.

10: The One With The Pediatrician (S9E3)
As someone who lives to hear other people's love stories, I had to include one episode for each of the main three. Rachel and Ross (03), Monica and Chandler (07), and finally, Phoebe and Mike (10!).  The way that they meet restores a lot of faith in me that it is possible to meet a complete stranger and fall in love.

So, do you agree with me? Or do you have your own list of top FRIENDS episodes? Let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. The one with Ross fake tan! All time fave! Also you are spot on with the one with the cheesecakes! The part at the end when Joey takes out his fork gets me every time! My fave line ever though has to be when Rachel is trying to tell Ross about her and Joey and he's like 'major shampoo explosion!' Oh and the fajitas! Oh my I really need to get a life haha so many good ones to choose from!
    Loved the post!

    Laura
    Www.smileatstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that somebody shares the same kind of love for the show as I do hahaha! Oh don't even get me started on Ross, best character by a mile. The scene where Rachel says the baby kicked for the first time and he shakes his gloves off to feel her stomach... best moment in TV history hahaha. Thank you! x x x

      Delete
  2. "when were you under me?" is honestly one of my favourite quotes of all time - it's just so so funny and the perfect definition of my humour! hahaha I love how indepth you went here it's honestly so nice to read how much you love the show like everyone else! haha I swear me and my family could read the script!
    Great post! Just followed your blog on bloglovin, would love if you could check out my blog back!
    Keep in touch!
    xxx
    stylelikehers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the exact same hahaha, and it's more the fact that it's said with Rachel on his back! It's just such a great show that means a great deal to me :) Thank you! Had a sneaky look and followed you back :) x x x

      Delete