Fashion Wish List: Bookmarked

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Impulsive - the one word to describe most of my online purchases. We've all done it, there's no denying. Go on your favourite shop's website, open a thousand and one tabs of clothes that you want to buy, and accidentally end up with them all in your basket. But what next? Exit the page, or continue to empty your bank account? It's easy to do - online shopping does not feel like real shopping. You don't come away with any bags, no awkward conversations with apathetic shop assistants, and you don't even have to get your purse out thanks to the beauty that is paypal! It's easy sailing. I've found myself onboard that ship far too many times, and so I've put a strategy in place to save myself. Whenever I come across a potential purchase, I add it to my bookmarks, instead of adding it to my basket. I then must leave it at least 48 hours, and if I am still in dire need of the item when I revisit it, only then am I allowed to take the plunge. Using this technique, I've built up quite a large wish list - all things that I can't quite justify buying just yet!


L-R: 01 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05 / 06 / 07 / 08 / 09 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15
01: This dress is a recent bookmark. I saw it on Niomi's blog last week, and I have fallen in love. But seeing as Summer is coming to an end, I must tempt myself away from evil...

02: These have been in my folder for a while, and because of this post, I've found out that they're in the sale! Should I or should I?

03: I'm a massive fan of collars right now - what better than to combine them with a pretty dress?

04: This pinafore caught my eye, and for good reason! I love layering, whether it be a plain top underneath to give a bit of a 'dungaree' effect, or an oversized black jumper on top, making the pinafore look like a skirt. Ugh, the temptation!

05: I'm too big of a fan of patterns... always on the look on for decent basics!

06: This jumper sums up how I feel every single day when I wake up - never seen an item of clothing that's so relatable!

07: How amazing are these sunglasses!? They read "cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my eye". And they're not too expensive either...

08: Why don't I own any jackets apart from a coat and a cardigan? I've never invested in a denim or leather jacket, and as Autumn fastly approaches, I'm feeling that now is the right time!

09: I've lusted after this denim pinafore dress for a long time now. This Summer has seen me in dresses and skirts rather than shorts, and so it'd be the perfect alternative to dungarees.

10: Who doesn't love a good Mean Girls quote?

11: I'm currently obsessing over Gossip Girl at the moment, and all that I can think of when I look at this dress is how Serena it is. It's so different to anything else that I've ever owned that I half want to give it ago... and it's in the sale!

12: This ones also been in my folder for quite some time, and I've come very close to buying it one too many times. My only doubt is how much wear I'd get out of it... (edit: since writing this blog post, I took the jump and bought it and... it's amazing! Genuinely my new favourite possession!)

13: I've been in dire need of a black skirt for far too long, but I can never find the perfect one. Could this be it?

14: What a cute dress? I'll never stop loving floral prints, especially when combined with white

15: The reason that I've not already scooped up this jumper is because the sole reason that I like it is the heart shaped elbow patches. I already own a million and one jumpers... but is there ever such a thing as too many jumpers?

How do you go about online shopping? Are you an impulse buyer, or do you have a strategy similar to mine? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I'm late to your post but I say definitely buy the "Selena-Inspired" dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in the sale and it's out of stock now! I was very very tempted though x x x

      Delete