Wanderlust Wish List: Italy

Monday, 18 August 2014

SOURCES: 01 / 02 / 03
Whilst I've been in rainy Manchester all year long, studying for my first year at university, far too many of my friends have been jetting off here, there, and everywhere. A gap year never appealed to me during my A Levels. At the time, I couldn't think of anything better than moving out of my family home and away to university - so why would I postpone it any longer than necessary? However, my eyes have been opened over the past year, and I have found myself with a serious case of wanderlust on my hands. Instead of wallowing in self-pity that I chose education over adventure, I'm going to transform my sorrow into hope, through the power of wish lists. I'm hoping that this will become a regular feature on my blog in the following few months, as I showcase the many places of the world that I am longing to visit. First on my list, and with good reason, Italy...

SOURCES: 01 / 02 / 03

ROME! The biggest influence in my lust to explore Italy is the film 'Eat Pray Love'. The film revolves around a recently divorced woman (Julia Roberts) who seems to have lost touch with who she is, and so what better way to find yourself again than to pack your bags and hop on a plane? A large portion of the film is set in Rome in Italy, and my heart weeps each time that I watch it. I have never been to Italy, and so to say that it is a dream of mine to live there for a year might be a bit farfetched... but nobody ever said that my dreams had to be sensible!


SOURCES: 01 / 02 / 03

VENICE! Another obvious place to visit when in Italy. The concept of a city on water fascinates me, and I'd love to experience their unique lifestyle for myself. It's somewhere that my Mum and I have always dreamed about jetting off to, and so I am determined to turn our dreams into a reality in the next few years! Who knows, maybe a cheeky 21st birthday weekend trip? (Hint hint)


SOURCES: 01 / 02 / 03

VERONA! This is also a film inspired choice - no prizes to those who can guess which one. Yes, that's right, 'Letter's to Juliet'. One of my all time favourites, and the bit of inspiration that I needed to start writing again. Sophie's (Amanda Seyfried) job whilst she is in Verona is actually my dream job, however unrealistic. To sit in Italy, read the love letters of people from all around the world, and write a compassionate reply... why does that job not exist? I need it to exist! To visit Juliet's balcony and experience the romantic atmosphere that surrounds it is one of my biggest wishes.

SOURCES: 01 / 02 / 03

MILAN! As a blogger and a fashion enthusiast, Milan would be a must-see during my affair with Italy. To visit the home of Versace, Armani, Gucci, Dolce and Gabbana, Prada... I cannot think of anything more heavenly. With that in mind, I'd have to be armed with a lot a lot of money if I were to step foot into one of the fashion capitals of the world - anybody willing to sponsor my trip? If you're lucky, I'll bring you back a designer bag... or six.

My dire need - not a want, but a need - to explore Italy has come to all time high. Is there anywhere that you've always been yearning to visit? Let me know in the comments below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment