The Liebster Award

Friday, 22 August 2014


Finally! I've seen this award floating around the blogosphere for months on end now, and I think it's such a wonderful idea to promote smaller blogs, and give them a chance to shine! And now my time has come, as Catherine has kindly tagged me to answer her 11 questions. Catherine is my flat mate and good friend, and she is fairly new to the blogging world, so please please go and check out her blog! It's so lovely to live with somebody that shares the same passions as myself.

The rules for the award are as follows:
✶ You must answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
✶ You must link back to the person that nominated you
✶ You must nominate 11 bloggers (with under 200 followers) and give them 11 new questions
✶ You can not nominate the person who nominated you
✶ You need to leave your nominees a link to your post so they can know what to do

Now for the questions...
01: What is your holy grail drugstore beauty product?
I really don't want to be cliché, but my answer would have to be Lasting Perfection Concealer by Collection. I'm yet to come across a better drugstore concealer - it's a real lifesaver! Next to that, I would have to say Falsies Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline, which is probably just as cliché. What can I say, they're clichés for a reason!

02: Where is your favourite place to eat?
My answer to this always has been, and always will be, Nandos. It's a favourite between myself and all of my friends back in Nottingham, but since I've moved to Manchester, I seem to have come across quite a few people who aren't big fans... and I am still in utter disbelief!

03: What is your most treasured possession?
A few months back, I actually wrote a blogpost on the five things that I would save if my house was on fire, which you can find here. If I had to chose only one of them, though, it would have to be my hieroglyphic necklace from Egypt with my name on it. I've worn it constantly for four years now, only taking it off to have a shower/wear a fancier necklace (which hardly ever happens). It's become a part of me; I'd feel lost without it.

04: What, in your opinion, is the biggest fashion faux pas?
Wearing underwear that is 100% the wrong colour makes no sense to me. Why wear a white top with a bright pink bra!? Even if you can't see the bra, if you can see the straps, it's every bit as bad. This goes for pants as well... white jeans with coloured underwear is a big no-no.

05: Describe your dream house
I have contrasting opinions between a shabby chic look, so quite vintage, and a very modern, clean, and simplistic look. I love white furniture - my dream room would have a pretty white bed with a floral/swirly headboard, a gigantic white vanity table with a three piece mirror, a white chair, a white wardrobe... you get the picture. But then, I like my quirks as well. I'd love to have pretty jars everywhere in my kitchen, full of the food that comes in ugly packaging. When I finally have my own home, it's going to be the hardest mission of my life to decorate it, as I'll end up picking two completely different themes that don't match! One for each room might work? You can have a look at my 'Home Decor' board on pinterest here to get an idea of what I like!

06: What is your current go-to outfit?
It's Summer here in the UK (well, it's on and off...), and so I've taken advantage of any sun that we've been granted and worn dresses for the past few months. My favourite, though, has to be a floral H&M dress that I wrote an OOTD blog post about here! It's just so simple to throw on with a pair of strappy sandals, and you're good to go!

07: Who/what inspired you to start blogging?
Originally, nobody gave me the idea. I simply wanted somewhere that I could document my life whilst at university, and it began as a way of communicating with my parents. It wasn't until April this year that I started to really understand how important blogging is to me, and that passion was prompted by a few people. As I'm sure many bloggers are, I'm a gigantic YouTube fan, mainly watching people such as Zoella, Sprinkle of Glitter, Tanya Burr, Niomi Smart, Marcus Butler, Joe Sugg, Alfie Deyes, Caspar Lee, Dan Howell, Phil Lester... the list goes on and on. Watching all of these wonderfully charismatic and positive people for years on end made me realise just how much I'd love to get involved - but there's a problem. YouTube is becoming more and more popular, which is fantastic for current YouTubers, but not so great for newbies. As Zoella started off with a blog, and then moved onto creating videos, I thought that it'd be a good idea if I took the same path. As I already had a blog, albeit with a very small audience, I decided to put a lot more effort into it. I am really hopeful that my viewership will grow and grow, to the point that if I were to start uploading videos, I'd have a decent size audience to actually watch me. Woah... long answer!

08: Which is your favourite make up brand?
Come to think of it, all of my make up is from different brands. My concealer is from collection, my mascara maybelline, my contouring from Sleek, my blushers are mainly from Bourjois... and my lipsticks are all over the shop. Although I only own MAC lipsticks, I always hear such incredible feedback about their products, and it's been a wish of mine for a long time now to try out more of their range. I just sometimes can't justify spending over £20 on one blusher...

09: What is the first memory you can recall?
I'm sad to say it, but I genuinely have no idea. I have a vague recollection of the swimming pool outside of our hotel when my family and I went to Walt Disney World in 2000, but then again, that memory might just be from a photo. That's the thing - I have no idea if my memories are things that I can actually remember, or if they're actually just from the billions of photos that my family have. I really do wonder, without photographs, what my first memory would be...

10: Do you have any tattoos? If not, would you ever get any in the future?
No, I do not have any tattoos, and I'm sorry to say it Dad (Hi Dad! I know that you'll be reading this), but I haven't ruled it out. The good news, though, is that I have absolutely no ideas nor the motivation to get one in the near future. Personally, though, I could only ever get a tattoo if it meant something unbelievably important to me.

11: What is your best physical feature?
My answer to this will definitely differ from what other people think of me. I tend to get a lot of compliments about my hair because it's so long and so soft all the time. I, however, get fed up with my hair more often than not. Having long hair is not the be all and end all, I can tell you now... but saying that, I wouldn't dream of getting it cut shorter. My favourite physical feature is my eyes. I use to hide them away in not-so-cute glasses, but I've had contact lenses for almost two years now, and it's one of my finest decisions. I love the fact that my eyes aren't one colour - some days they're brown, other days they're green. To have blue eyes, though, that's the dream...

The bloggers that I have chosen to nominate are:
✶ Laura from The Perks of Being Laura
✶ Jade from Jaded Daily
✶ Nicole from Pocahontes
✶ Megan from Room With a Bloom
What I Did On Wednesday
✶ Jaina from Which Beauty Box UK
✶ Ellie-Rose from Skint Life
✶ Nikki from Nikki Beckett
✶ Emily from Met You In The Summer
✶ Jess from Exactly, Jess
✶ Rebecca from Flowers&Dirt

And the questions that you beautiful people have to answer are:
✶ What genre of blog do you read the most? Beauty, fashion, lifestyle, or other?
✶ Are you a Summer or a Winter person?
✶ What's one thing people many not know about you?
✶ What are your top three travel essentials?
✶ If you could time travel to another era, where/when would you go?
✶ If you were the opposite sex, how different do you think you'd be?
✶ What's the one beauty product that you wish you'd never bought?
✶ How would you describe your fashion style?
✶ What are your top five films?
✶ Do you have a happy place? If not, describe what your happy place would be like
✶ Post a selfie!

Thank you ever so much for reading, and good luck to my nominees!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Love your blog, it's beautiful :) x x x

      Delete
  2. there are some people that don't like nando's!?!?!?!!?!?!!!!!!! mad world! yay for being tagged! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, some of my best friends as well! It's heartbreaking. Cheers! x x x

      Delete
  3. This was really interesting to read, and I completely agree with the fashion faux pas! Thank you for nominating me :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) and any time, your blog and your tumblr are both beautiful x x x

      Delete