Review // MAC Lipstick in 'Plumful'

Thursday, 7 August 2014


MAC lipsticks are a real love of my life - if I could marry them, no doubt would cross my mind. Every so often, I take a stroll past any of my nearest MAC counters, and eye up all of the potential beauties that should be in my collection. With a few shades that I'd researched in mind, and payday last Thursday, I decided to treat myself. After swatching a few possible picks, including 'Snob', 'Chatterbox', and 'Mehr', I stumbled across a miracle...


For a very long time now, I have longed after a specific lipstick shade that I wasn't even sure existed. After some searching, I came across 'Raspberry' from Natural Collection, which was a God send. Despite it being the absolute perfect shade, it's lasting power was poor, lasting no longer than an hour. What more can you expect from a £1.99 lipstick, realistically? Going back to square one, I had to re-search for my dream colour, and just as I was starting to lose all faith... I found 'plumful'!!! After one swatch, my eyes widened in awe, as I realised that I'd hit the jackpot.


Obviously, I snapped 'Plumful' up without a second thought, and left Selfridges very very pleased with myself. Arriving home, I decided to compare the two lipsticks to see the differences. The swatches on my hand, left to right, are Natural Collection's 'Raspberry', then MAC's 'Plumful'. As you can see, 'Raspberry' is actually a slightly redder shade, whereas 'Plumful' has more of a pink tint to it. Applying them to my lips, however, is where I saw, and felt, the real difference. Like all MAC lipsticks, 'Plumful' glided on with remarkable ease, and even had a bit of a shine to it. In comparison, 'Raspberry' also applied smoothly, but the colour was definitely not as strong on my lips. If I were to judge by the packaging, it'd be a no brainer. MAC wins again, as always...

Have you found your perfect shade yet, or are you still on the hunt? Leave me a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I have yet to try a mac lipstick but I do have my eyes on patisserie and Russian red. This shade is soooo pretty!!

    Yige || Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do it! They're a bit pricey, but they're 100% worth it :) x x x

      Delete