Quirky Home Wish List

Tuesday, 5 August 2014

One of my favourite things to do at the moment is to trawl through home shops, whether that be online or in person, and cry in despair at how many unnecessary but quirky items my brain convinces me that I cannot live without. Moving out of university halls and into a proper flat has made me feel remarkably more at home in Manchester, as I have so much more freedom when it comes to decorating. It's made me so much more excited to own my first home, just so that I can design it however I'd like to. It's a shame that I'll have to wait just a few more years...

01 / 02 / 03 / 04 / 05 / 06 / 07 / 08 / 09 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13

After scavenging across the internet, I've made a 'Quirky Home Wish List', full of all of the items that my heart is currently lusting after. The first two items I've picked (01/02) are rhubarb candles - one crumble, and one custard. Candles are something that I've always loved the idea of, but never actually owned. These two caught my eye, having always loved rhubarb and custard sweets.


Next, I noticed these two clocks (03/04). I love the 'vintage' kind of look for clocks, whether that be something that resembles homeware from the 1900s, or florals. This style also appeals to my choice in mirrors, leading me straight onto this beautiful floral mirror (05).

As much as I'd love to decorate my entire flat, there comes a limit when I'm a student and am still renting. These two storage units (06/07) might have to wait until I have my own house... I think it's every blogger's dream to have matching white furniture - sophisticated but simplistic. Perfect.

I have a bit of an obsession with ornaments that look oh so cool, but are oh so unnecessary (and potentially a waste of money) - but how cute is this globe (08) and this watering can of artificial flowers (09)??? As unnecessary as they are, little quirky ornaments make a home a home, in my opinion. At least the next item has practicality! This chalkboard (10) would actually be of so much use to me, as the OCD in me would thank me for having such incredible organisation skills.

Almost at the end of my wish list, and I wouldn't be me if I didn't have a current obsession with something from Next HOME. These pretty tea towels (11) would fit in so perfectly with mine and Catherine's kitchen! I know I know, tea towels are used to dry pots and clean up mess... but that doesn't mean that they can't spruce a kitchen up that little bit more! Another kitchen pick - this amazing milk tumbler (12), with an engraved cow on it. I'm in heaven.

Last but not least is this cute cushion (13), with the words "HELLO BEAUTIFUL". What every girl needs to hear at the end of a hard day, be it by a boyfriend or a cushion.

Have you got your eyes on anything to make your home that bit more comfortable? Perhaps you're moving to university in September, or moving into a new house, and are building up a list of things that you want but really don't need? Let me know in the comments below!

10 comments:

  1. Im so into buying homeward especially the odd little things that are just decorative and probably a total waste of money. Living in a house at uni is so great and has made me so excited to have my own place, I just wish I could have control over all the house not just my room haha. Living with mostly boys means catering to their needs, which is tv, xbox, and crap everywhere. Im loving the tumbler with the cow on!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's unlucky! That's how I felt last year in halls - that the only thing that I could decorate was my own room. I live in a flat with one other person now, and we're very similar in how we want the place decorated, which is fortunate! x

      Delete
  2. I love home shopping! I can't wait to get my own place and decorate it :)


    sarahjaihelee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that other people feel the same way as me! x x x

      Delete
  3. Such cute things! I love home decor, but I'm moving into a student room this September and I'm going to try to make it as home-y as I can with small means. :) It must be lovely to have your own flat though!

    xx Mimmi, Muted Mornings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the way that I decorated my uni room! As it was the only place that I could decorate, I really made it my own :) x x x

      Delete
    2. Such cute things, I love Homeware stuff & lately I've been buying home bits I don't need yet but yeah I just love them xx

      Delete
    3. Haha I'm the exact same! Favourite place to shop are homeware stores x x x

      Delete
  4. I am always torn between quirky and delightful homewares and useless oraments that clutter my house!
    My favourite (and cheap) homewares store in Australia is Typo (online to, but i'm not sure about international shipping). it is so cute and kitsch but also kind of practical!
    Kelsey x
    thehlz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am definitely going to check that out! Love finding new favourite home shops x x x

    ReplyDelete