July Favourites: 2014

Friday, 1 August 2014


July has been a month spent in Manchester. I moved into my new flat, headed back to work after my holiday, and settled back into every day life. Since moving in at the beginning of the month, I've had four wonderful visitors - my oldest friend Victoria, my brother, my best friend Lyndsey, and my dear Mother... so it's definitely been a busy month! Here are my monthly favourites for July.

01: Simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser
Although definitely not from a high-range skincare collection, I've found that this moisturiser does everything that I need it to. I found it whilst unpacking my toiletries into my new bathroom, and decided to give it a go - and it has worked a dream. My skin looks ten times more refreshed when I'm bare-faced in the morning, before applying any of my make up, and makes me feel that little bit more comfortable in my own skin.

02: Soap and Glory Rich and Foamous Body Wash
This was the first thing to spring to mind when I was planning out my July favourites. I cannot use this enough when I'm in the shower - the smell is unlike any other shower gel I've ever owned. I just wish that Soap and Glory brought out other products in the Rich and Foamous scent!

03: The Body Shop Aloe Gentle Exfoliator
This little beauty came into my possession the other week when I was pulled in by The Body Shop 3 for 2 offer on their skincare. After one use of this bad boy, my skin genuinely felt so smooth and soft. It works a miracle! Even my Mum commented on how well it does its job when she came to visit me. She even went away and invested in some for herself.

04: Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in 35 Rose D'or
I spoke about this blusher, and my two other bourjois blushers, in this blogpost here. After wearing one of the three every day for 2 or 3 weeks now, I've decided that Rose D'or is actually my favourite. Although one of the brighter of the three, which could easily cause a problem because of it's high pigmentation, it has such a beautiful shimmer in it that evens the colour out. I especially love wearing this blusher on days where my skin doesn't feel too great, as it makes me feel a little bit special to have a bit of shine to my cheeks.

05: Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in 205 Elusive
My collection of Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balms is increasing month by month, as I now own 3. My all time favourite will always remain as 'Sultry', as it's such a neutral colour that you can wear with absolutely anything. I bought 'Elusive' off of one of my friends, Nikki, as she didn't like the way that the matte effect clinged to the dry parts of her lips. Although it's not the most moisturising crayon, I find that with everyday use of a lip balm, it helps to make the matte effect look as good as possible! To take a cheeky look at Nikki's blog, please click here!



06: 5 Seconds Of Summer's new Album - 5 Seconds of Summer
Since seeing One Direction in concert for the first time in April 2013, my love for 5 Seconds of Summer has only grown and grown. Lyndsey and I saw them again when they headlined a tour in February earlier this year, and we also have tickets to see them next June in their very own arena tour. So proud of those four Australian lovelies! This album has been my go-to music of the month, with particular mention to 'Amnesia', and an old classic, 'Heartbreak Girl'.

07: Ed Sheeran's new Album - Multiply
Another music favourite of the month! As well as 5SOS, Ed has also been my go-to music of July. With only one released album of his to listen to, and one unreleased album that isn't very well known, I was ecstatic to find out that he was bringing out his next album - even more so, considering that Lyndsey and I are both seeing him live twice this year. Once at V Festival in two weeks (eeee!), and then again the day after my birthday in October. I cannot wait to hear his new songs live, with particular mention to 'Photograph' and 'Tenerife Sea'.

08: Catherine's Blog
If you read my most recent blogpost about visiting Shore Fold's Community Farm (which you can find here), you'll know that my flatmate and good friend, Catherine, has bursted into the blogosphere of recent. I've really enjoyed reading a blog of somebody that I'm close to, as well as having somebody to chat to about my ideas for future blogposts. It's always good to have to someone on hand to give you advice about your photography, your editing, and your writing. Her blog is a must see - please go over and share the love!

And that just about rounds it up. What have you been loving in July?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kassi! You absolute babe :) Your blog has been such an inspiration, wouldn't have got anywhere without you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you little cutie!!! Love ya love ya love ya xxx

      Delete