Life Update // V Festival 2014

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Hello hello hello! If you've seen my latest Instagram update (which you can see over here), you'll know that I was on my way down to V Festival in Weston Park on Friday last week. Although I've been to my fair share of gigs, I've never been to a festival before, nor have I ever properly been camping, and so it was an experience to say the least! It was an absolutely incredible weekend, though - one to remember. Let me talk you through the photos!

01: A standard 'I'm-in-a-big-crowd-so-let's-take-a-selfie-from-high-above' selfie
02: Kodaline! The second time that I've seen them live now, and they are music Gods
03: MY MAIN MAN ED! I cannot get over the fact that I've now seen him live
04: Bastille are insanely good live, a shame it rained all the way through their set though!
05: Just another crowd selfie... I actually caught Lyndsey looking this time!
06: The mosh pit right next to us during Example was terrifying to say the least
07: Never given him a listen before V, but Tom Odell is such an amazing singer and performer
08: Good old Justin Timberlake, rocking the stage on Sunday evening
09: Happy that the sun had finally come out... may have caught Lyndsey off guard!


Over the weekend, I somehow managed to take over 200 photos on my phone, despite trying to save my phone battery (I left the festival with 40% to go, decent effort right!? Airplane mode was my new best friend)! Additionally, I took two disposable cameras with me (one of which I managed to lose...), and I'm sure that those photos will work their way onto my blog at some point in the near future. But for now, I've handpicked my personal favourites.

10: Aww, aren't we cute together?? Think we were waiting for The Killers at this point!
11: We may have got overexcited when we saw a massive Ed poster to take pictures with...
12: I BUILT A TENT! ...I can't take credit, Lynds put up the tent (with my supervision of course)
13: Saturday's outfit, feeling very Fat Face (my shirt and wellies from there from over a year ago)
14: This is the first of an endless sea of silly selfies... and this is the only one I'm giving you!
15: This was a must have photo for me for the weekend - mission accomplished!
16: Wish we'd asked someone to take one of us together, but we'll just have to settle for one each
17: What can I say, just another selfie! Both giving off the lumberjack vibe
18: Favourite photo from the weekend; my main man, Ed! Cannot wait to see him again in October

Like I said, there are plenty more photos of our weekend at V, but I felt that these were the ones that summed up our adventure nicely. Have you been to any festivals this year, or are you going to any in the coming weeks? Let me know in the comments below!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment