Happy Birthday, Mama Bear!

Monday, 7 July 2014


Today is my beautiful mother's birthday. I will not reveal how old she is, mostly because I know that she won't appreciate it, but it is a very special day! This evening, I'm catching the train back to Nottingham for her birthday meal, and spending a few days back at home. As this post is dedicated to the wonderful woman who raised me to be the person that I am today, I am going to speak directly to her for the rest of this post.

Words cannot describe how grateful I am that I was lucky enough to get you as my Mum. Everyone always says that their Mum is the best Mum in the world, and I don't want to sound cliché, but I couldn't even dream up a better Mum than you. I know that you would do absolutely anything in this world to make me happy, and that you would put myself and my brother before yourself every single time. You are honestly one in a million, Mum.


The thing is, you're not just a Mum to me - you're a friend. Not even a friend, a best friend. Although I'm two hours away, I know that if I ever need help with anything, am ever feeling down, or just want a general chat, you're on the other side of the phone waiting with anticipation for it to ring. You have been there for me through every hiccup in my life, whether that be something small like falling over and scraping my knee, or something huge like a break up, or even considering dropping out of University. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world to know that no matter what decision I make, that you will support me every step of the way. Not a lot of people can say that they have such an incredible support system like you provide me.

I may not always say it, and I may not always show it, but I love you to the moon and beyond. You are a shining star in my life - the star that guides me home whenever I find myself lost. Thank you for absolutely everything that you do; I promise that I am always fully appreciative. I am so lucky to have a Mum that doubles as a best friend. I hope that you have the most amazing birthday, and that you enjoyed your weekend away with Dad in France. I'll see you this evening, armed with a big big birthday hug! Sending lots of love, hugs, and kisses in the mean time xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Moms are the best! Hands down!
    Love your work:)

    twitter- @_iamchianne_
    iamchianne.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwh you little cutie pie!! Hope you have a nice time at home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Enjoy Percy & Rachel, cannot wait to meet them!

      Delete