Today's To Do List

Thursday, 12 June 2014


Technically, I've been home since Monday evening - two a half days. It hasn't been until today, however, that I've had a chance to sit down and actually get things done. On Tuesday, I spent the day with one of my best friends Zoe, and I spent the evening writing a blogpost for later on this week. Yesterday, I commuted to Manchester to work, and then went out for a meal with two more of my best friends, Henry and Lyndsey, for Henry's birthday. I sat down this morning with the realisation that I have quite a few things that I have to get done - and they have to be done now.

CHECK IN ONLINE -
I fly to Turkey in 4 days! But first, I have to actually check in online.

PRINT BOARDING PASS + E-VISA -
Once I've checked in, I have to print my boarding pass out, along with my e-visa that allows me into the country.

PAY DEPOSIT FOR FLAT -
Unfortunately, almost £400 will leave my bank account at some point today in order to pay the deposit for my flat. But on the bright side, I move in in less than three weeks!

ORDER BUS PASS FOR JULY/AUGUST -
If you look closely at the photo of my to do list, I spelt 'bus' as 'buss', pre anticipating the word 'pass' following it. It's the little things that make me laugh! Anyway, another £70 will be leaving my account in the next few days (unless I can convince my parents to contribute...) to pay for transport around Manchester over Summer. 

SORT OUT ROOM -
As I haven't had a moment to stop and breathe since arriving back in Nottingham, my room is currently exploding with boxes, suitcases, and bags, all full of my belongings. At some point today, I have to bear the task of sorting through everything and making it a bit more organised, ready for moving back to Manchester at the start of July.

WRAP CRAIG'S BDAY PRESENT -
One of my best friends, Craig, turns 18 on Saturday! Sally, Zoe, Craig, and myself have been trying to arrange a date to meet up for the past week or so now, and we finally settled on this evening, although Sally can't attend. I need to remember to wrap his present, and then to bring it with me, along with his card! I'm looking forward to a fun evening with two best friends that I haven't seen together since Easter.

WRITE TWO/THREE BLOGPOSTS (AND TAKE PHOTOS FOR APPROPRIATE POSTS) -
This is me trying to be organised. With the knowledge that I won't have a laptop with me when I go to Turkey next week, and the knowledge that I will be away for 10 days, I'm trying to pre-write as many blogposts as I can manage, so that I can log into blogger on my phone and just click 'publish' every few days. A few months ago, I would never have thought about doing this, and I would have had a 10-day gap in my post history - but I refuse to let this happen now!

DECIDE WHAT TO TAKE TO TURKEY WITH ME -
As a sort of 'sub-clause' to sorting out my room, when I'm going through my suitcases, currently filled with all of my clothes, I need to pull out all of the pieces that I'd like to take to Turkey with me. It'll make packing on Sunday so much easier, and I'll get to spend as much time with my family on Father's Day as possible!

So that's my to-do list. The time is currently 13:39, so I'm off to make myself something to eat, and then I'd better get cracking! Even if the jobs are tedious and boring, some days are best filled with productivity, don't you agree?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment