June Favourites: 2014

Monday, 30 June 2014


JUNE! My favourite month of the year, as it's the start of the Summer and the end of exams. The past month has consisted of finishing my first year of university, moving out of halls, and spending 10 days in Turkey! I feel as though I've been living out of a suitcase all month long, but I've still squeezed in some time to decide what my monthly favourites are. So without further ado...

01: FRENCH CONNECTION HOLIDAY DRESS
After searching the FC website, I've failed in finding a link for this dress and, as I've been on holiday, I'm not sure whether any are left in stock in store. Nonetheless, this has been my absolute favourite dress of the month. I purchased it just before I headed off to Turkey, and loved it so much that I travelled in it! As an employee of FC, I was able to use my discount, making this £70 dress a lot more affordable. If you take a look at my 'Making Memories in Marmaris' post (here), you can view pictures of me wearing it.

02: FRILLY SOCKS
Yes, I've finally jumped on the bandwagon (about 3 years too late)! Mine are from primark, which I regret as they had holes in them after one wear, but you can find dozens in amazing variety here. After buying a pair of cut out boots in May, I decided that frilly socks were a must have item that were missing from my wardrobe. The reason I resisted from buying them for so long is because I'm not a big fan of crazes - I don't like doing things just because everybody else thinks that it's cool. However, I actually really like the way that my boots and socks look together, and so I'm happy that I've finally bought into the craze!

As someone who never has naked nails, any nail product with great reviews is something that I want to invest in. After reading how easy and time-saving this nail polish remover is, it just had to be my next BOOTS purchase! I wouldn't say it takes '1 second', like it says on the pot, but it sure does save a lot of time when it comes to removing nail polish. However, more often than not I have a matte topcoat over whatever colour I'm wearing, and so it takes slightly longer than it should do. It also leaves your nails feeling nice and refreshed, and smelling of vanilla - what could be better!?

This blusher is one of my all time favourites. I first invested in it about two years ago, and it's always something I'll rebuy and have in my make up bag. After spending a month obsessing over the SLEEK FACE FORM blusher, which you can read about in last month's favourites (here), I reverted back to my old pal No7 when in Turkey. Wearing a face full of make up, even at night, is not an option in such intense heat, and so I kept my make up look plain and simple most nights, which the help of this blusher.

Whenever I spend more than 5 minutes in BOOTS, I find it hard to resist going to the BARRY M stand and looking at all the beautiful nail polishes that I still don't own. God forbid they have an offer on, as all of my self control goes out of the window... and so obviously, they do. Spend £6 on BARRY M, and receive a free limited edition nail polish. And so I dived head first, choosing myself a new yellowy shade (COCONUT) and a new bluey shade (ELDERBERRY), and then managed to pick up my free colour too! Weirdly, it's my favourite shade of the three, and has been the colour I wore throughout my holiday.


06: SUDOKU
Probably a weird thing to include in my non-beauty/fasion/hairstyle favourites, but I've done so many in the last ten days that it felt wrong not to include it! I've always been a massive puzzle fan, but I'm definitely more inclined towards maths related problems. Crosswords and I are not friends. I can't begin to express how relaxing it is to sunbathe in a foreign country whilst digging my claws into a difficult sudoku - one of the best feelings in the world.

07: VANILLA MILKSHAKES
Up until the last few days of my holiday, when I realised that I had to limit my money a little bit, I had a vanilla milkshake most days. I'm not even sure what it is about them, but they've been my favourite drink of the month by far. I'm not a big fan of chocolate milkshake, as most of the time they're just too sickly, and I fear ordering a banana or strawberry milkshake in a restaurant in case they come with bits of their respective fruit in - bleugh! I like banana and strawberry flavoured things, I don't want a milkshake made with actual bananas or strawberries! So, it seems, vanilla is my only option, but it's definitely not a bad option nonetheless!

How has June treated you?

⋅No comments

Post a Comment