Life Through Pictures

Friday, 6 June 2014

Despite having had exams recently, I feel like I've actually been quite busy. I've been to a few concerts, and come across some interesting things that I haven't shared with you guys, so I thought that I'd take the opportunity to talk you through the last few weeks... and what better way to do it than through pictures? If you'd like a constant stream of my life through pictures (and I really do mean constant, I have over 1,000 photos on instagram), you can follow me here!


It has been a good few weeks for food!
#1 - the most beautiful cheesecake from Revs a few weeks ago
#2 - with my current obsession for chocolate orange, this just looked like heaven
#3 - who can refuse half price Ben & Jerry's ice cream? Seriously?
#4 - I must admit that I was nervous buying this, but it turned out to be the nicest sushi ever
#5 - a goodbye meal with Catherine, as I now won't see her until July!
#6 - from our end-of-year accommodation BBQ, can never decide if I like candy floss


About two weeks ago, we celebrated Will's birthday, and it was such a good day spent amongst everybody. A group of 10 of us went into town to have lunch, and after failing to get into Moose Coffee because it was too busy, we ended up in All Bar One. They do such beautiful food! I've always been a big fan of their tapas, but this time I ordered a humous, halloumi, and red pepper wrap, and it was gorgeous. Afterwards, we headed back to our flat to give Will his birthday present, which was a polaroid camera! The first photo he took using it was the one above, of the 7 of us from our flat that had gone out for his birthday lunch. It's definitely one of my favourite photos of the year, and really made me realise how much I'll miss these guys next year.


Meg and I went to go and see McBusted a few weeks back, and it was incredible. We're both still big McFly fans, having both seen them in the past year. She's even met them... I'm not jealous, I promise (I say, rolling my eyes). Both of us actually went to the 2004 Busted Tour, where McFly supported them before they were very well known, and so it was very nostalgic for the two of us to be back in the presence of both bands 10 years later! It was honestly such a brilliant night, with great music, great seats, and great company.


Something unimaginable happened last Thursday - a girl that I work with at French Connection messaged me on Facebook asking if I knew anybody that would like two One Direction tickets for the following night... to which I obviously replied 'er, ME PLEASE???' I hadn't bought tickets in the first place because of the scale of their tour. With it being a stadium tour, the tickets were quite expensive, and our view would never have been as good as it was last year when Lyndsey and I saw them in arenas. But being offered the tickets last minute was too good of an offer to refuse! Meg agreed to accompany me, despite not really being a One Direction fan, and we had the most amazing evening. I will admit that it was not as good as last year, mainly because we were stood on the pitch (at the Etihad Stadium), and so we didn't particularly have a good view. It was still an amazing atmosphere, and I can now say that I've seen One Direction live three times!


Three cheeky selfies for you all! I'm starting to realise that I have a specific 'selfie stance'.


I could easily dedicate an entire post to these photos! On Thursday night, the student event 'Pangaea' was held in Manchester, with the theme of 'Summer of Love'. As you can see, we all went looking very hippy-ish, with a lot of tie dye, a lot of flowers, and a lot of fake tattoos! I'm so glad that I have a proper camera here at uni, as we were able to get some proper photos for the first (and last) time as a flat! All other photos of us are from our phones, which can be great quality, but I wanted some proper photos before we left. It was quite an emotional night, as it dawned on us just how soon we're all leaving each other. I've had a strange first year experience at university, and I can genuinely say that it's been a rollercoaster. Despite all the negatives, we've managed to end the year with a bang, and I cannot even express how sad I am to move out of halls and leave these 6 wonderful people. When I pack up all of my things (watch this space for a post!), it's going to be unbelievably emotional, and when I have to say goodbye on Monday morning... I don't even want to think about it right now. All I can say is that I'm glad that I've spent my first year of university in Manchester with these 6 - Lizzy, Meg, Rich, Will, Patrick, and Louisa. Thank you for a such a memorable year guys, you all mean the world to me!

This is sort of a mash up of everything I've been up to of recent. Instead of doing a post on each individual event, I decided it'd be a better idea to make it into one long post. As I mentioned, the majority of these photos are from my Instagram account, which you can find here. Feel free to follow me if you find my life through pictures interesting. I hope you're having a good month!

⋅No comments

Post a Comment